Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validating a spouse visa.......

Validating a spouse visa.......

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:06 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Validating a spouse visa.......

My OH is the Aussie, but has only been a citizen and held a passport for the past few months. I have a spouse visa for myself and our two children. Can i enter Australia without him? or does he have to be with me for the validation and/or future visits? C x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Validating a spouse visa.......

Originally Posted by shiels
My OH is the Aussie, but has only been a citizen and held a passport for the past few months. I have a spouse visa for myself and our two children. Can i enter Australia without him? or does he have to be with me for the validation and/or future visits? C x
Hi C

Hope the aussie half doesnt have to go with you cause if john needs to validate he going on his own cannot afford for all of us to go just to validate.
Hope you dont mind if i keep a watch to see your replies.

Tracey x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi C

Hope the aussie half doesnt have to go with you cause if john needs to validate he going on his own cannot afford for all of us to go just to validate.
Hope you dont mind if i keep a watch to see your replies.

Tracey x
No problem, it was just a thought really in case house doesnt sell as quick as we'd like and OH goes ahead of me. I've got until October to validate it. C x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Unfortunately, your OH as the main applicant has to enter the country before you. If you travel together, even when going through immigration, he has to go through before you. Once you have validated, he doesn't need to be with you for future trips.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there. Unfortunately, your OH as the main applicant has to enter the country before you. If you travel together, even when going through immigration, he has to go through before you. Once you have validated, he doesn't need to be with you for future trips.
Not the case necessarily. Check the visa itself. Because its a spouse visa of an australian citizen (and not PR applicant yet to validate) unless it specifies on the visa itself **no entry before <husband>** then there would not be a problem.

My father in law just made first first entry on a spouse visa with his australian citizen wife not with him, no worries so I dont think thats right.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Unfortunately, your OH as the main applicant has to enter the country before you. .
The husband is an Australian citizen so cannot be a "visa applicant".
Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Not the case necessarily. Check the visa itself. Because its a spouse visa of an australian citizen (and not PR applicant yet to validate) unless it specifies on the visa itself **no entry before <husband>** then there would not be a problem.

My father in law just made first first entry on a spouse visa with his australian citizen wife not with him, no worries so I dont think thats right.
ok, I apologise if my response was misleading. I was just basing this on our experience. When my partner had to validate his spouse visa, I had to enter the country first, being the Australian Citizen.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

ok, I apologise if my response was misleading. I was just basing this on our experience. When my partner had to validate his spouse visa, I had to enter the country first, being the Australian Citizen.
It is unclear whether this condition is always applied where there is an Australian spouse, however the Regulations do allow it.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:23 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Not every offshore spouse visa is slapped with this condition, as it's not mandatory. DIMA may choose to impose this condition if the case officer detects that the sponsoring partner is not in Australia at the time of grant. Obviously, if the sponsoring partner is in Australia, this condition may not have any practical meaning.

Peter
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

sparklebelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Shiels, I have a question which I hope you will be able to answer. Once your OH received his citizenship, how long did it take for him to get his passport? I only ask because I shall need to do this myself once my citizenship is granted. (This is being processed at the moment in Canberra). I know I shall have to make the application in London, but how long after that did the passport arrive? I am biting my nails here, because we are going to Aus at Easter (only for a hoiday this time tho) and if I am an Aussie citizen I have to go in on my Aussie passport. However, as I need to go to London to apply, I can only realistically do this during half term as I am a primary teacher....if I did this would I have enough time to get my passport before leaving for Aus? Apparently if the citizenship hasn't been granted I can go in on a tourist visa on my UK passport.
Sorry for the rambling here and hope you can help. Many thanks.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparklebelle
Shiels, I have a question which I hope you will be able to answer. Once your OH received his citizenship, how long did it take for him to get his passport? I only ask because I shall need to do this myself once my citizenship is granted. (This is being processed at the moment in Canberra). I know I shall have to make the application in London, but how long after that did the passport arrive? I am biting my nails here, because we are going to Aus at Easter (only for a hoiday this time tho) and if I am an Aussie citizen I have to go in on my Aussie passport. However, as I need to go to London to apply, I can only realistically do this during half term as I am a primary teacher....if I did this would I have enough time to get my passport before leaving for Aus? Apparently if the citizenship hasn't been granted I can go in on a tourist visa on my UK passport.
Don't know if this helps, but when I received my daughters' citizenship certificates, I immediately sent off for their passports and got them back in 10 days. That was a couple of years ago but providing you are not applying in the weeks leading up to a holiday period is should be a similar time scale.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:40 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't know if this helps, but when I received my daughters' citizenship certificates, I immediately sent off for their passports and got them back in 10 days. That was a couple of years ago but providing you are not applying in the weeks leading up to a holiday period is should be a similar time scale.
We did this last Easter. As soon as we had citizenship certs, we sent them off with the passport apps and they arrived in 8 days.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

C you thinking of going without him
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sparklebelle
Hi
My wife has just got her resumption of citizenship back and had to go to London in person to lodge her application for a passport in which she received 3 days later. Hope this helps

Brad
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:14 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
C you thinking of going without him

Good idea. Wish I'd thought of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.