Vacuum Cleaners

Old Sep 10th 2005, 9:25 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vacuum Cleaners

Has anyone had trouble getting vacuum cleaners past AQUIS?

Our Dyson is dying, but with 4 months to go, is it worth spending the money on a new Dyson or just going for a cheapo and dump it before we go?

Ta
Old Sep 10th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Customs inspect vacuum cleaners for dust (they opened ours up even though it was obviously brand new) and I've heard won't pass them if they're not immaculate.

From previous threads (you might be able to do a search) they're pretty expensive over here so you may be wise to buy a new one which I also remember reading (again search under Dyson) can be serviced and repaired world-wide. Don't throw the old one away though - bring it with you and the parts may come in handy once it finally wears out.

Other strange thing they inspect is Christmas decorations -looking for pine cones and other natural decorations.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:09 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto the above. Especially Xmas Deccies, my removals missed two items which quarantine of course found in seconds.

I know two people who didn't get their 'Ooovers past the AQIS Inquistion. They are VERY fussy about them.

My Electrolux, Dyson 'style' one died just before I left so I borrowed one until I left.

About the same price out here, I ended up getting a Vax upright cyclone type here for $450, apparently very good at picking up stray/loose pet hairs but as the cats won't stay still long enough to try out that claim have had to content myself with using it on carpets and furnishings.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

On the other hand, we brought our dyson with us and cleaned out the cylinder first before shipping ( emptied cylinder, washed with water and soup and then poured some bleach in for a bit ) No problems what so ever getting it by AQIS. I guess it depends on who you get and what kind of day they are having As Mr flyingbanana says it is comparable if not cheaper to buy one over here ( no problems with plugs, I know it sounds a small thing but will annoy you )

Hope this helps confuse you more.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
( emptied cylinder, washed with water and soup and then poured some bleach in for a bit )

Now and again I see a typo that makes me smile!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:49 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flip
Now and again I see a typo that makes me smile!
An interesting recipe for Scotch Broth perhaps
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
An interesting recipe for Scotch Broth perhaps
Wonderful trick to use the soup, as soon as they open up the cylinder the smell forces them to close it and send on lol

should have an option to spell check / proof read automatically prior to posting. lol
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful trick to use the soup, as soon as they open up the cylinder the smell forces them to close it and send on lol

should have an option to spell check / proof read automatically prior to posting. lol
I think an automatic addition of croutons is called for.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

Our Dyson is dying, but with 4 months to go, is it worth spending the money on a new Dyson or just going for a cheapo and dump it before we go?

Ta
No problems getting the Dyson past Customs, but Anglo Pacific managed to smash it up enroute. Just bought myself a new one last week and it's fab! (Sad stupid smiley needed )

Sometimes Vacuums don't get packed properly.............

Do you have a warranty?

Mrs J
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:00 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
Weve had Dysons for a few years, Debs brought a new 1 from UK with us, UNUSED a DC0thingy saved a few quid !!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Ta
Hi, our DC 04 upright died a month or so ago. I contacted Dyson (it was well out of warranty) and they sent a service chap out. He replaced the motor, cable, brushes etc. (virtually a whole new machine) for the standard £79.99 service fee. He wasn't doing us a favour - this is what you get. Thought it might be more preferable to buying a new one.

Flash.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 4:04 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.

John Lewis had them on sale today, so we thought sod it and the old one is in the skip (until someone nicks it )

I will have a go at it with the veggie soup before it gets packed
Old Sep 10th 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

On the other hand, we brought our dyson with us and cleaned out the cylinder first before shipping ( emptied cylinder, washed with water and soup and then poured some bleach in for a bit ) No problems what so ever getting it by AQIS. I guess it depends on who you get and what kind of day they are having As Mr flyingbanana says it is comparable if not cheaper to buy one over here ( no problems with plugs, I know it sounds a small thing but will annoy you )

Got chatting to a bloke in my local library the other day. He'd just come back from Sydney after 10yrs. He was happy in Oz but returned to the UK so kids could meet their Grandparents. He said he plans to return to Oz after 5 years here. Blah, Blah..... (I just want you to be aware nothing went wrong or he hated Oz & came back etc.) I'll get back to the point....We got onto vacuum cleaners & he suggested that you give your Dyson a real good clean PLUS Replace the filter so it looks new. If in doubt they'll execute it

Also, he told me to pronounce 'Melbourne' as 'Melburn' & not 'Melboorne' & as long as you're pretty laid back & not an, 'anal pom' you'll be alright.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW if it helps anyone I saw a Dyson advertised on TV here in Brisbane the other day for mid $500s (mind you I know nothing about them & dont know if there are different models or not).
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Ta
No problems with AQUIS, Mr L took the Dyson apart...washed it all dried it and it was fine.
ps.. still love your username!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.