Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Using Excess Baggage???

Using Excess Baggage???

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of
Default Using Excess Baggage???

HI FOLKS,

I'm forwarding items around 60 kg to Australia before we go through excess baggage have any one used them and what were they like and they offer a insurance at a cost of 5% of the value of the shipment and the value is around £2000 pounds and that works out at an extra £100 pounds,Has anyone shipped with these and used a didifferent company to insure the items as i find that quite expensive.

THANKS FOR YOYOU'REIME FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE (YES IT WAS A BAD DAY YESTERDAY )

Last edited by fancyfella; Oct 23rd 2006 at 12:16 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of
Default Re: Using Excess Baggage???

Hiya

sorry haven't shipped yet so no experience of excess baggage, but have you thought about doing your insurance separately through letton percival which may reduce the cost a bit? That seems to be the general advice on most of the shipping threads.

Nikki
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:16 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Using Excess Baggage???

Originally Posted by fancyfella
HI FOLKS,

I'm forwarding items around 60 kg to Australia before we go through excess baggage have any one used them and what were they like and they offer a insurance at a cost of 5% of the value of the shipment and the value is around £2000 pounds and that works out at an extra £100 pounds,Has anyone shipped with these and used a didifferent company to insure the items as i find that quite expensive.

Personally,I highly recommend them.We shipped 141KGs (seven boxes) cost was £461 plus $245 for agent/custom fees .we had also only paid for door tp port....and items were delivered straight to our door for no extra.

And the best bit....our stuff wasn't opened at customs!!!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

HI FOLKS,

Hi

We shipped our worldly possessions from a 3 bedroomed house and would also recommend them. I know you aren't shipping as much, but from our experience they were great in the UK and in Australia. I would have got my insurance through someone else though, if I had the time because there are cheaper companies to go through.

Best of luck to you.

Hazel
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:01 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Weve just shipped 3 boxes of stuff (35kg each), a KS bed + smaller box over with excess baggage, cost £388 and insured through Letton Perceival at 1.53% so insured £2000 for 30 quid.Hope this helps. Previously we use seven seas for boxes only and they were excellent but they dont do bulky items.

Hope this helps.

HI FOLKS,