Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

using agents from the uk for immigration

using agents from the uk for immigration

Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default using agents from the uk for immigration

has anyone any info (good and bad) on using agents for emigration to oz?
what did it cost? was the experience good? how long did it take?
could i do it all myself?
any replies please, would be huuuugely appreciated!
Peace 'n' that
Dave
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: using agents from the uk for immigration

Originally Posted by davyboy
Peace 'n' that
Dave
We used global visas for a state sponsored skills visa. They charged £1500 to do it and it cost about £1500 in fees relating to visa. This was for 2 adults and 1 child.

I'm sure that you could do it yourself, but they were spot on and are approved by the australian dept of immigration. they told us exactly what we needed to write, especially for the skills assessment - apparently they even count exact days that you have claimed to worked, and you literally have to spell it out for them. They were also able to advise on the amount of backup documentation we needed, which was good, because it costs a fortune to get it all stamped by a solicitor ! We got ours in 8.5 months too !
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Izzy
We used global visas for a state sponsored skills visa. They charged £1500 to do it and it cost about £1500 in fees relating to visa. This was for 2 adults and 1 child.

I'm sure that you could do it yourself, but they were spot on and are approved by the australian dept of immigration. they told us exactly what we needed to write, especially for the skills assessment - apparently they even count exact days that you have claimed to worked, and you literally have to spell it out for them. They were also able to advise on the amount of backup documentation we needed, which was good, because it costs a fortune to get it all stamped by a solicitor ! We got ours in 8.5 months too !
thank you soo much for your reply, will consider using them
Peace 'n' that
Davy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:55 am

robeve is an unknown quantity at this point

Peace 'n' that
Dave
I was quoted £850 by the Immigration Group for my wife and myself but decided to do it for myself. All the forms are readily available on the Aus Immigration web site and are quite straightforward to complete. I reasoned that if I did use an agent I would still have to answer all the same questions and provide the required documentation as if I went it alone. My initial application was in April and our permanent visas came through on the 1 Oct. It was a bit of a paper chase at times but well worth the effort.

Robeve
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:15 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

we used four corners - they cost about the same as Izzy and were excellent also, ours was a 139 designated area sponsored and not a straight forward case, we got our visa in 8 months also 19th December to be exact!!! I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. PM me if you want further details
regards
vb2

thank you soo much for your reply, will consider using them
Peace 'n' that
Davy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

You can obviously do the whole thing yourself but they do make the paperwork a little ...... lets say ..... confusing!.

I would advise anyone thinking of moving to Australia to use a migration agent.

We used Ian Harrop Associates and they were just fantastic and got me and my wife our 457 visa in just six weeks as well as getting my sister through on a 457 in a timescale of six weeks. They gave us a confidence rating from the first meet and guaranteed to refund us all of the fee in we were unsuccessful.

They did everything and We did virtually bugger all except write our business plan and told to "sign this" "write this" and have a chest x ray and wait for the phone call to say we were accepted. And of course pay the bill which was about 1,200 pounds if I remember correctly.

For less stress and not very much money really, there is no other option i.m.o

I know there are a lot of people on here that have done it themselves but it was just too important to get wrong if we mucked it up and had every faith in the people that do this for a living assisting us.

Hope this helps you someway in your decision of what to do
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robeve
I was quoted £850 by the Immigration Group for my wife and myself but decided to do it for myself. All the forms are readily available on the Aus Immigration web site and are quite straightforward to complete. I reasoned that if I did use an agent I would still have to answer all the same questions and provide the required documentation as if I went it alone. My initial application was in April and our permanent visas came through on the 1 Oct. It was a bit of a paper chase at times but well worth the effort.

Robeve
hey thanks for that, quite a saving and what you said makes sense!
Peace n that
Davy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

we are using george lombard in sydney but i have only heard good things about ian harrop who is uk based.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:52 pm
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied myself with the help of my daughter in Perth , this site , Dima and www.pomsinperth.com site .There's lots of help out there if you want to give it a try .Good luck
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Peace 'n' that
Dave
Yep - I used ASA. Based in Perth but with offices in the UK. They were excellent, and if I was to go through the process again I'd definitely use them again.

www.australia-migration.com

SS
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:06 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Yep - I used ASA. Based in Perth but with offices in the UK. They were excellent, and if I was to go through the process again I'd definitely use them again.

www.australia-migration.com

SS
I used ASA too and i agree with SuperSeagulls, i'd use them again.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
You can obviously do the whole thing yourself but they do make the paperwork a little ...... lets say ..... confusing!.

I would advise anyone thinking of moving to Australia to use a migration agent.

We used Ian Harrop Associates and they were just fantastic and got me and my wife our 457 visa in just six weeks as well as getting my sister through on a 457 in a timescale of six weeks. They gave us a confidence rating from the first meet and guaranteed to refund us all of the fee in we were unsuccessful.

They did everything and We did virtually bugger all except write our business plan and told to "sign this" "write this" and have a chest x ray and wait for the phone call to say we were accepted. And of course pay the bill which was about 1,200 pounds if I remember correctly.

For less stress and not very much money really, there is no other option i.m.o

I know there are a lot of people on here that have done it themselves but it was just too important to get wrong if we mucked it up and had every faith in the people that do this for a living assisting us.

Hope this helps you someway in your decision of what to do
We are also using Ian Harrop ( www.ianharrop.co.uk ) and I must say they have a very quick turn around for getting back in touch with any queries and are very prompt with getting paperwork where it needs to be (ie sponsor assurer side of things).

I agree with the less stress, since using Ian Harrop a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Gold Coaster was spot on with everything about the company and the reason for using an agent (especially Mr Harrop).

Ian Harrop has been in the business for many many years and has an excellent reputation (equating George Lombard from what I have heard). He has a straight forward, no nonsense approach. Well worth a ring to see if he can direct you.