Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

used OzForex and don't know where the money is...

used OzForex and don't know where the money is...

Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:06 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Default used OzForex and don't know where the money is...

I am in a bit of a situation....

Last week I used NZforex, which belongs to OzForex to pay for a deposit for a rental property in the Melbourne area. The beneficiary of the money keeps on telling me the money has not arrived and Ozforex says the money went through. I don't know who is right or wrong.

I am just wondering has anybody been in a similar situation and what have you done to deal with it?

To be fair I must admit the call centre of OzForex is very helpful, but I think they have no idea how they could help me.

It would be great if you could give me a suggestion how I might be able to get my money back.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: used OzForex and don't know where the money is...

Originally Posted by D&W
I am in a bit of a situation....

Last week I used NZforex, which belongs to OzForex to pay for a deposit for a rental property in the Melbourne area. The beneficiary of the money keeps on telling me the money has not arrived and Ozforex says the money went through. I don't know who is right or wrong.

I am just wondering has anybody been in a similar situation and what have you done to deal with it?

To be fair I must admit the call centre of OzForex is very helpful, but I think they have no idea how they could help me.

It would be great if you could give me a suggestion how I might be able to get my money back.
Sounds dreadful, presumably you've triple checked the account where the money was directed was the correct account and have written confirmation from them that x amount of money has been paid into y account on.... which you've shown to the landlord?
How long also since they sent the money over? sometimes there is a slight delay but presumably OzForex will have already gone into this with you?

OzForex are very unlikely to have stuffed up, they know how important their reputation is and I haven't heard of one dissatisfied customer on here.

Good luck.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:18 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get in writing from Ozforex a receipt for hte transfer to the target bank.

Then you need to give that to the person who claims the money didnt arrive and get them to query it with their bank.

The good thing is that this i all auditable so the money hasnt vanished.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:26 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I receive bank transfers all the time from overseas customers, usually the money will take 3 working days to show in my account from when it was transferred, sometimes its less, occasionally it's more.

Ask NZForex to give you a copy of the transfer details complete with the receiving account number and ask the recipient to get confirmation from their bank that nothing has been received, that may take a few days as i don't think they would be happy just to email you a copy of their bank statement.

Lynn
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I receive bank transfers all the time from overseas customers, usually the money will take 3 working days to show in my account from when it was transferred, sometimes its less, occasionally it's more.

Ask NZForex to give you a copy of the transfer details complete with the receiving account number and ask the recipient to get confirmation from their bank that nothing has been received, that may take a few days as i don't think they would be happy just to email you a copy of their bank statement.

Lynn
we used ozforex and theyve been brill. are you sure the money isnt still in their barclays account until you give your bank details? jusrt a thought.

good luck though
Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:54 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Default OzForex did a great job

I just want to give you an update on this story for those who are interested in it.

First of all I'd like to thank you for your feedback and your suggestions.

With the great help of Ozforex I know that the money went to the right account and the beneficiary is the one to blame. NOT Forex!

Just in case somebody got 2nd thoughts after this story whether to use this company or not I can honestly advise to use them. They were very supportive and did a great job. Highly recommended!