Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Use an agent or not ?

Use an agent or not ?

Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Question Use an agent or not ?

Hi,

After a successful reccie, we've decided to pull out all the stops and go for it.
We've enquired about migration to a few agents on the net, MIA, Go Matilda, and couple of others, just to see if they're in the same price bracket.
What i'd like to know is, who did you go with and were they worth the money ?
I'd appreciate if anyone could put me onto someone who's got a good success rate.
I asked a similar question to expats on the reccie and they told me to do it myself and save some money.
I just don't want to mess it up, doing it by myself, so help needed please !!

Many Thanks

Steve.

(ps. you'll be sick of me by the time we get over )
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Use an agent or not ?

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi,

After a successful reccie, we've decided to pull out all the stops and go for it.
We've enquired about migration to a few agents on the net, MIA, Go Matilda, and couple of others, just to see if they're in the same price bracket.
I'd appreciate if anyone could put me onto someone who's got a good success rate.
I asked a similar question to expats on the reccie and they told me to do it myself and save some money.

Many Thanks

Steve.

Oh no they won`t!

How`s things going Steve?
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many Thanks

Steve.

wh not ask George Lombard and Alan Collett for quotes, I haven't used them myself but would have if I'd seen this site before I started.

At least you'll always be able to get in touch with them.

Good luck with your application x
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mashy
Oh no they won`t!

How`s things going Steve?
Hi there Sharon

Hope everythings going good for you's
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Hi there Sharon

Hope everythings going good for you's
Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m giving them a bell tonight. (or a foot up the backside).

Apart from that, everything`s fine thanks.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
wh not ask George Lombard and Alan Collett for quotes, I haven't used them myself but would have if I'd seen this site before I started.

At least you'll always be able to get in touch with them.

Good luck with your application x
Will do Wendy, and thanks a lot.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m giving them a bell tonight. (or a foot up the backside).

Apart from that, everything`s fine thanks.

Try the latter, a foot right up their a**se !!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Try the latter, a foot right up their a**se !!
I`m only a size 3 so I might use BOTH
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

I`m only a size 3 so I might use BOTH
Well thats a BIG 6 !!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

Well thats a BIG 6 !!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:52 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Save yourself the money and do it yourself, we are.
Whats the point of spending a grand plus meds etc, save the money for over there
Good luck whatever you decide.
Rachel & Paul

Hi,

Many Thanks

Steve.

Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Use an agent or not ?

Use an agent or not ?
Nah, sod 'em.

You can DIY as long as you're careful.

Just make sure you get plenty of advice from (a) people who've done it before, and (b) all the relevant govt departments.

My missus and I are doing it without an agent, so it can't be that hard!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:29 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all

We're nearly at the end of the process (everything submitted just waiting for the nod) and I can honestly say with this forum you really don't need to use an agent. All the info you need is on this website or in the heads of the members of this site. You would still have to fill in all the forms so why pay to get advice from an agent when you can get advice free on this site?

Daryl
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:20 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

DIY, most of them are only learning... we pissed away a lot of money on a shit agent and would be over there by now if it wasnt for him... just plan everything carefully and youll be all right.. fairly common sense
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Hi hope things are going well

we are using an agent and so far everything seems to be going well. Why we chose to,is so that we got everything right the first time and didnt have to be delayed by having to get more info etc for dimia and also they keep you upto date with the progression of your application

PS we are with ASA consultants.

Davy