Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

US IPOD NANO 3RD GEN IN AUS = ? or bang

US IPOD NANO 3RD GEN IN AUS = ? or bang

Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute
Default US IPOD NANO 3RD GEN IN AUS = ? or bang

I have on a whim and because I need one for my Hi Fi just purchased an US 3rd gen ipod , then thought --after I'd paid --of course --will the SOB work here in the lucky country .

I'm figuring that charging via a USB is international and a locally purchased wall charger should take care of the power and the us 120v/240v aus but as to the rest

Any one out there know or have a link to some faq's or even better done it !
Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US IPOD NANO 3RD GEN IN AUS = ? or bang

Originally Posted by BASHO
I have on a whim and because I need one for my Hi Fi just purchased an US 3rd gen ipod , then thought --after I'd paid --of course --will the SOB work here in the lucky country .

I'm figuring that charging via a USB is international and a locally purchased wall charger should take care of the power and the us 120v/240v aus but as to the rest

Any one out there know or have a link to some faq's or even better done it !

It will charge fine via the USB.... I bought my Classic 2nd hand from the US on Ebay about 2 years back and no issues.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It will charge fine via the USB.... I bought my Classic 2nd hand from the US on Ebay about 2 years back and no issues.
Ah Ha good ,this ones a 3rd gen Nano as it's what the Hi Fi takes , did you have any programing issues ?
Old Jul 15th 2013, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BASHO
Ah Ha good ,this ones a 3rd gen Nano as it's what the Hi Fi takes , did you have any programing issues ?
I definitely remember having to be careful at the start up stage, I received instructions as I recall, from the online store that I bought it second hand from.

I'd google that part if I were you, about how to initialise a second hand overseas Ipod.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I definitely remember having to be careful at the start up stage, I received instructions as I recall, from the online store that I bought it second hand from.

I'd google that part if I were you, about how to initialise a second hand overseas Ipod.
Thanks for that, you wouldn't know of an ipod forum by any chance ?

I've googled and keep coming up with Apple 'the nosey bastards' who want the names of your family low unto the 9th generation and what you had for breakfast , before you can register ,it's info they have no right to , gives me the fhits.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try this, I think it's as simple as the instructions here in.... IE: Factory reset, although if there is any music stored on the Nano, you may want to save that to your hard drive first... depends on the previous owners tastes I guess.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...ed-ipod-touch/
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mighty-- again ,

I also found this one-

http://www.ehow.com/how_4814599_sync-used-ipod.html

I've sent a quick message to the seller but if he's already posted it I'll sort it when it gets here.

Now it's time for a---

Cheers.