Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgently need Uk Passport

Urgently need Uk Passport

Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Urgently need Uk Passport

Has anyone had to go back to the Uk urgently and their UK passport has expired?
My Dad is very ill and im wondering how quickly I could get a passport and/or travel documents? anyone doen it? Hopefully i wont need it, Im waiting on oz citizenship ceremony....

Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:42 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Urgently need Uk Passport

Once you get Australian citizenship then you'd need to get an Australian passport. Surely it would take longer to wait for the ceremony and then wait for the Aussie passport.

I think I'd probably look into starting to get a UK one asap.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice

I think you can get an emergency one the same day if you go to an embassy
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Thanks I need to go ASAP, I will have to try and conatct the embassy.
Jackie
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:38 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
My Dad is very ill and im wondering how quickly I could get a passport and/or travel documents? anyone doen it? Hopefully i wont need it, Im waiting on oz citizenship ceremony....

Thanks

Hey Pompey,

Sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worst. If by a miracle you get your citizenship ceremony, then the Australian Passport office can turn a new passport around for you with 24 hours.

As for a UK one, I am not sure if they still process emergency ones at the High Commission. Their website says that they are all done offshore and any applications sent to them will be returned.

Hopefully they may be able to pull some strings as it is an emergency.

S
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I need to go ASAP, I will have to try and conatct the embassy.
Jackie
Hi,

If you have to leave urgently, phone your nearest British Consulate and say you need an "Emergency Travel Document" to return to the UK immediately.

If you use the word passport, the person that answers the phone will probably get confused and tell you to fill in a form.

Passport renewals are allegedly taking 6-8 weeks at the moment.

The Emergency Travel Document will only get you back to the UK. You'll need to arrange a new passport while you're there, but it's much easier, quicker and cheaper.

Good luck

Steve
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:13 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Hi,

If you have to leave urgently, phone your nearest British Consulate and say you need an "Emergency Travel Document" to return to the UK immediately.

If you use the word passport, the person that answers the phone will probably get confused and tell you to fill in a form.

Passport renewals are allegedly taking 6-8 weeks at the moment.

The Emergency Travel Document will only get you back to the UK. You'll need to arrange a new passport while you're there, but it's much easier, quicker and cheaper.

Good luck

Steve

Definitely. I think it's only 70 quid compared to the $300 odd here.

S
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: Urgently need Uk Passport

Thanks
From personal experience you can get an emergency travel document from your local embassy within 48 hrs for between 1 day and a week. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS TO WHAT AIRLINE YOU USE AS SOME WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO FLY ON SUCH A DOCUMENT. Example Airasia(Malasia) are very strict. Dirct to UK is best.

Bruce.