Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent Med & Ship Insurance advice

Urgent Med & Ship Insurance advice

Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:46 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Urgent Med & Ship Insurance advice

I am not disorganised honest, our buyer who fell through came back & exchanged so instead of being weeks behind schedule, me bums on fire. We have to be out in 13 days.
I now have got to arrange shipping insurance, I remember there being a few independants who were better value than the company that most used. Going with Doree Bonner.

Health insurance, we are going on a temp 457 ie visa & need insurance for the family to cover medical ie hospital & Dr's & possibly dental, any advice. Can this be wrapped up with travel insurance or not.

I have spent 3 hours on previous threads & have to make a decision imminently, who can help.
So much info, tried various online routes, web sites not up to the job usual stuff.
I am off to Brisbane with wifey, & the 2 hormone trucks aged 9 & 3, cute as they are can we ship them in the container, joke honest! Help Paleeese. :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:25 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent Med & Ship Insurance advice

Originally posted by DavidT
I am not disorganised honest, our buyer who fell through came back & exchanged so instead of being weeks behind schedule, me bums on fire. We have to be out in 13 days.
I now have got to arrange shipping insurance, I remember there being a few independants who were better value than the company that most used. Going with Doree Bonner.

Health insurance, we are going on a temp 457 ie visa & need insurance for the family to cover medical ie hospital & Dr's & possibly dental, any advice. Can this be wrapped up with travel insurance or not.

I have spent 3 hours on previous threads & have to make a decision imminently, who can help.
So much info, tried various online routes, web sites not up to the job usual stuff.
I am off to Brisbane with wifey, & the 2 hormone trucks aged 9 & 3, cute as they are can we ship them in the container, joke honest! Help Paleeese. :scared:
Here you are :Brian Naughton 0151 2360811 1.53% damage & total loss.

How much are Doree charging? Have them coming next week and wonder if they are expensive ?

Max

ps the health insurance thread was from Carrianne do a search under her name.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:27 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

right 457 ie - means you are setting up your own business

no - with 13 days pay insurance on container separately, up to you who you go with on health, but yes get sep health cover for the just in cases, like braces etc (only pay part ....but part of 7K helps)

contact NRMA when you land and chat to them about options...do not necessarily go with them, just they tell the full story.

Are you panicking yet!
Cheers
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:34 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Urgent Med & Ship Insurance advice

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Here you are :Brian Naughton 0151 2360811 1.53% damage & total loss.

How much are Doree charging? Have them coming next week and wonder if they are expensive ?

Max

ps the health insurance thread was from Carrianne do a search under her name.

Thanks, Doree for sole use 20ft container not exceeding 650 cu ft is a tad under £2800 to Brisbane. Insurance would be 3%, just arranged with your contact at 1.53% as you stated, 1/2 price thanks very much.