Reload this Page >

Urgent Info on Visa 136 (Non MODL) Validation/Expiry Time

Urgent Info on Visa 136 (Non MODL) Validation/Expiry Time

Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

fayeziebabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Info on Visa 136 (Non MODL) Validation/Expiry Time

Can anyone please help?

My husband and I applied for the Subclass 136 independent skilled permanent visa in October 2006. We got a case officer in February and did our PC's. However, our meds are on hold at present until the birth of our baby in 3 weeks time. Someone told me that you only get 12 months from the date of your PC's/MEDs (whichever is the earliest) in our case they received our PC's on 7th March 07. Does this mean we will only have until March 08 to sell the house and move there to validate the visa? Do you think I should e-mail my case officer?

Has anyone sold their house before they've had the visa decision?

Has anyone else out there been in this position??
Any help/advice much appreciated.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice
Default Re: Urgent Info on Visa 136 (Non MODL) Validation/Expiry Time

yES LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE SOLD THEIR HOUSE BEFORE THE VISA DECSION, AS IT CAN TAKE ANYTHING FROM 2 MONTHS TO A COUPLE OF YEARS TO SELL,WE HAVENT EVEN GOT OUR CASE OFFICER YET,AND WE ARE HEADING TO COMPLETE OUR SALE IN ABOUT 4 WEEKS TIME.WE DONT WANT TO BE STUCK HERE AND HAVE TO REDO OUR MEDS OR PCC'S BECAUSE OF OUR HOUSE, OURS RUN OUT APRIL 08,SO IF I WERE YOU ID GET IT ON THE MARKET ASAP.IT WOULD BE AWAFUL IF YOU DIDNT SELL YOUR HOUSE IN TIME.AT LEAST IF YOU SELL (TOO SOON ) YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND ALTERNATIVE ACCOMADATION,BUT I DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN ID THINK YOU'D HAVE YOUR VISA PRETTY SOON,WE HAVE APPLIED FOR THE 136MODL SKILLED INDEPENDANT VISA,HOPE THIS HELPS

KELS X
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

YES IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF EITHER YOUR MEDS OR YOUR PCC'S WERE DONE , IT ISNT WHEN THEY WERE RECEIVED ,IT IS THE ACTUAL DATE YOU HAD THEM DONE ON FOR YOUR MEDICALS AND THE DATE OF ISSUE ON YOUR POLICE CHECK.

KELS X
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Wiki link to Visa Validation at the top of the page:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

It tells you all you need to know on the subject.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
YES IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF EITHER YOUR MEDS OR YOUR PCC'S WERE DONE , IT ISNT WHEN THEY WERE RECEIVED ,IT IS THE ACTUAL DATE YOU HAD THEM DONE ON FOR YOUR MEDICALS AND THE DATE OF ISSUE ON YOUR POLICE CHECK.

KELS X
THANKS. OURS WERE SUBMITTED END OF FEB! I'M NOT ALLOWED A MEDICAL THOUGH UNTIL THE BABY IS BORN (MID AUGUST) SO 6 MONTHS FROM THE MEDICAL IS FEBRUARY. OH S*** I'M QUITE WORRIED NOW!! PLEASE PRAY THAT THIS BABY COMES EARLY - I HAVE EVERY DAY!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NickyC
There's a Wiki link to Visa Validation at the top of the page:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

It tells you all you need to know on the subject.
Thanks had a look - they said we could validate it with a holiday so if the worst comes to the worst..........

Fayeziebabes
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

DONT YOU WORRY YOURSELF, GET YOU AND THE BABY SORTED FIRST AND WHEN YOUR UP TO IT ,SORT OUT THE HOUSE, ARE YOU NOT IN A POSITION TO PUT IT ON THE MARKET NOW,OR SHORTLY AFTER THE BABY IS BORN WHEN YOUR FIT TO DO SO. BECAUSE ID BE SUPRISED IF YOU DONT HEAR ABOUT YOUR VISA ( IF STRAIT FOWARD) PRETTY SOON.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE,AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PREGNANCY AND BIRTH

KELS X
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ALSO FORGOT TO ADD,LIKE YOU SAID , YOU CAN ALWAYS GO AND VALIDATE,YOU HAVE 12 MONTHS TO DO SO AND THEN TAKE IT FROM THERE

KELS X
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Re submit your police checks again when you do the medicals, then you have a year from then.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

DONT YOU WORRY YOURSELF, GET YOU AND THE BABY SORTED FIRST AND WHEN YOUR UP TO IT ,SORT OUT THE HOUSE, ARE YOU NOT IN A POSITION TO PUT IT ON THE MARKET NOW,OR SHORTLY AFTER THE BABY IS BORN WHEN YOUR FIT TO DO SO. BECAUSE ID BE SUPRISED IF YOU DONT HEAR ABOUT YOUR VISA ( IF STRAIT FOWARD) PRETTY SOON.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE,AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PREGNANCY AND BIRTH

KELS X
THANKS. I COULD PUT IT ON THE MARKET NOW IT WOULDN'T BOTHER ME BUT ONLY WORRIED THAT WE DON'T GET THE VISA THEN WE'D BE LEFT WITHOUT A HOME!! DO YOU KNOW IF MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE ASKED TO GET PC'S/MEDS GET THEIR VISA GRANTED?

FAYE
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

NOT SO SURE ON THAT ONE AS ,THAT IS ALL PART OF YOUR VISA APPLICATION AS , SAY IF YOUR MEDICALS CAME OUT WITH SOMETHING THEY CONSIDERED A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HEALTH THEN THEY MAY NOT ISSUE THE VISA ON MEDICAL GROUNDS,BUT IT REALLY WOULD HAVE TO BE SOME THING VERY SERIOUS,AS I KNOW ,EVEN THINGS LIKE AN HIGH BMI (BEING VERY OBESE) CAN EVEN GET PASSED,I SUPPOSE IF YOU SEARCH THE THREADS YOU MAY GET MORE INFO ON THIS,TO BE HONEST THOUGH IF YOU'VE HAD YOUR CASE OFFICER SINCE FEBUARY AND THEY HAVENT TOLD YOU ANYTHING IS WRONG OR REQUESTED ANYTHING MORE THAN YOUR MEDS/PCC'S THEN I THINK YOU SHOULD BE FINE, IF THEY NEEDED YOU TO GIVE ANY MORE INFO THEN I WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD OF REQUESTED THIS WHEN THEY REQUESTED YOUR MEDS.THEY ARE PROBABLY JUST WAITING ON GETTING YOUR MEDS BACK AND CAN CARRY ON FROM THERE,DONT QUOTE ME ON ANY OF THIS AS AT PRESENT I DONT HAVE OUR VISA YET,BUT IF YOU ASK ON THE MARCH APPLICATION THREADS SOMEONE ON THERE MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME HELP AS A FEW OF THEM HAVE THEIR VISA'S.

KELS X
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

NOT SO SURE ON THAT ONE AS ,THAT IS ALL PART OF YOUR VISA APPLICATION AS , SAY IF YOUR MEDICALS CAME OUT WITH SOMETHING THEY CONSIDERED A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HEALTH THEN THEY MAY NOT ISSUE THE VISA ON MEDICAL GROUNDS,BUT IT REALLY WOULD HAVE TO BE SOME THING VERY SERIOUS,AS I KNOW ,EVEN THINGS LIKE AN HIGH BMI (BEING VERY OBESE) CAN EVEN GET PASSED,I SUPPOSE IF YOU SEARCH THE THREADS YOU MAY GET MORE INFO ON THIS,TO BE HONEST THOUGH IF YOU'VE HAD YOUR CASE OFFICER SINCE FEBUARY AND THEY HAVENT TOLD YOU ANYTHING IS WRONG OR REQUESTED ANYTHING MORE THAN YOUR MEDS/PCC'S THEN I THINK YOU SHOULD BE FINE, IF THEY NEEDED YOU TO GIVE ANY MORE INFO THEN I WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD OF REQUESTED THIS WHEN THEY REQUESTED YOUR MEDS.THEY ARE PROBABLY JUST WAITING ON GETTING YOUR MEDS BACK AND CAN CARRY ON FROM THERE,DONT QUOTE ME ON ANY OF THIS AS AT PRESENT I DONT HAVE OUR VISA YET,BUT IF YOU ASK ON THE MARCH APPLICATION THREADS SOMEONE ON THERE MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME HELP AS A FEW OF THEM HAVE THEIR VISA'S.

KELS X
I THINK I'LL WAIT TILL THE MEDS HAVE BEEN DONE AND IF THEY ARE ALL CLEAR THEN I'LL PUT THE HOUSE ON THE MARKET. I SUPPOSE IT'S A CASE OF MAKING THAT FIRST MOVE! I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON NEARER THE TIME.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

GOOD LUCK XX

KELS X
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK XX

KELS X
Nothing to do with the topic at hand, but just a little lesson in forum etiquette...using the caps lock is considered shouting and is looked upon as rude. You may want to type in lower case.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

i know sorry, already explained,but earlier whilst typing my first letter as capital, i then took off caps and my 2 year old daughter kindly kept pressing it back ,so i gave in and left it on. i dont normally post in caps,so did not mean to shout at anyone.i know what you mean though,this in fact usually bugs the hell out of me

kels x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.