Reload this Page >

Urgent help with Stat Dec for parental responsibility

Urgent help with Stat Dec for parental responsibility

Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:06 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help with Stat Dec for parental responsibility

Please can anyone help??

I'm filling in my childrens passport forms and I need a stat dec to confirm that I have sole parental responsability for them before they will issue them an Australian passport.
I have contacted some solicitors in my area and they want to charge me £200 and no one can do it until next month!! I was planning on lodging applications in London next week!
Can anyone help? Do I really have to go through the solicitors for this or is there a document I can do myself??

Thanks for reading
Marie
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Urgent help with Stat Dec for parental responsibility

Originally Posted by Marie_m
Please can anyone help??

I'm filling in my childrens passport forms and I need a stat dec to confirm that I have sole parental responsability for them before they will issue them an Australian passport.
I have contacted some solicitors in my area and they want to charge me £200 and no one can do it until next month!! I was planning on lodging applications in London next week!
Can anyone help? Do I really have to go through the solicitors for this or is there a document I can do myself??

Thanks for reading
Marie
Marie
I've replied to your post on the immigration forum

Regards
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:31 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Urgent help with Stat Dec for parental responsibility

Originally Posted by Marie_m
Please can anyone help??

Thanks for reading
Marie
The only way you can gain sole parental responsibility over a child is if there is no father mentionned on the childs birth certificate. If a father is mentionned then they naturally get parental responsibility over the child as well. Once the father has parental responsibility then it cannot be taken away. Instead you would need a court order granting you sole custody of the child. I'm not a family lawyer but know a little from my own personal experiences. Don't quite understand the exact problem or issue you have.

Do you already have a visa granted for you and your children? What's the situation with the childrens father? etc...

I may be able to offer some unqualified advice if you can explain in a bit more detail. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post any more details than above and I'll try my best to offer some advice.