Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent help needed - Pommes Teashop in Wynnum being closed down!!!

Urgent help needed - Pommes Teashop in Wynnum being closed down!!!

Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:52 am
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Urgent help needed - Pommes Teashop in Wynnum being closed down!!!

Hi,

For those of you that don't know there is a little taste of England in Wynnum, QLD known as Pommes Teashop (and shop). It can be found in Wynumm shopping centre 89 Bay Tce which serves english style tea and cakes etc and there is a shop opposite in Florence St which sells essentials such as marmite, hula hoops, PG tips and all those England essentials.

Well the bad news is that the people that operate this on a business visa for last 3 years or so are being closed down as immigration have deemed the business as "not big enough!!!". This is a real shame as its a great idea and business venture.

If you want to help, then please send your petitions to:

Paul Lucas
(07) 3396 0066

2b Florence St, Wynnum, 4178....

or this little gem will dissappear!

Time is of the essence as they only have until November/.....

thanks

Ray
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:44 am
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Urgent help needed - Pommes Teashop in Wynnum being closed down!!!

Originally Posted by RayZor
Hi,

For those of you that don't know there is a little taste of England in Wynnum, QLD known as Pommes Teashop (and shop). It can be found in Wynumm shopping centre 89 Bay Tce which serves english style tea and cakes etc and there is a shop opposite in Florence St which sells essentials such as marmite, hula hoops, PG tips and all those England essentials.

Well the bad news is that the people that operate this on a business visa for last 3 years or so are being closed down as immigration have deemed the business as "not big enough!!!". This is a real shame as its a great idea and business venture.

If you want to help, then please send your petitions to:

Paul Lucas
(07) 3396 0066

2b Florence St, Wynnum, 4178....

or this little gem will dissappear!

Time is of the essence as they only have until November/.....

thanks

Ray
thank you for your support
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:36 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RayZor
thank you for your support
Any English shops sound good. Do you sell real Weetabix? I miss that so much.

Good luck with the venture. Not sure why you chose Pommes as a name I am not sure it's such a good name at all as it will put off the Aussies and put off the Brits. Personally I find it offensive.

Maybe re-launch with a better name????
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
Any English shops sound good. Do you sell real Weetabix? I miss that so much.

Good luck with the venture. Not sure why you chose Pommes as a name I am not sure it's such a good name at all as it will put off the Aussies and put off the Brits. Personally I find it offensive.

Maybe re-launch with a better name????
Agree entirely, talk about narrowing down your potential market by alienating a lot of people who might go into it otherwise. I personally would be puzzled as to whether it refers to poms, chips, apples or what. Ye olde teashop or similar might have been better. Here's a real great English tearoom and bakery next door I came across in the Lake District recently:

OzTennis
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:34 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Agree entirely, talk about narrowing down your potential market by alienating a lot of people who might go into it otherwise. I personally would be puzzled as to whether it refers to poms, chips, apples or what. Ye olde teashop or similar might have been better. Here's a real great English tearoom and bakery next door I came across in the Lake District recently:

OzTennis
ooo nice baps Mrs Miggins

I too agree about the name its smacks of produce only to be purchased by brits, which I'm sure the majority are but even so.

hope they manage to salvage it though