Urgent Flights

Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:33 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Flights

Originally Posted by harveyhare
My OH needs to get to the UK ASAP as his Father is in Intensive care, call came this morning, While we would all like to go in an ideal situation, we also realise thats not going to happen so OH has been trying to get a ticket, now thats proving impossible, tried all the airlines who will answer the phones on a Sunday and who fly from Perth and they have nothing, all seats are booked for the following 2 weeks, except one via Tokyo over 2 days for $6,500 one way!!
We will try again tomorrow at the flight centre but have resigned ourselfs to the fact he aint going to make it

Any one have any suggestions?

Di
Hi Di - really sorry to hear your news. Just looked on BA.com and they have a flight leaving tomorrow Depart
Arrive
From
To
Flight
Operating airline
Class
of travel

1402AUD

05:45 16 Apr
11:50 16 Apr
Perth
Sydney
BA7414
Qantas Domestic
Economy

16:40 16 Apr
06:20 17 Apr
Sydney
Heathrow (London)
BA0010
British Airways
World Traveller

1 flight connection, total journey time: 31 hours 35 minutes.

I know timescales aren't gr8, but will kepp looking for you.
Best of Luck x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:38 pm

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Try also - www.expedia.co.uk they are indicating that they have flights.
x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Di

Sorry to hear about hubbys father, hope you get sorted out

luv ireland xx
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi Di

Sorry to hear about hubbys father, hope you get sorted out

luv ireland xx
Hi there,

Big hugs. I do hope things improve and you find your flights. I know its not right this minute we just cancelled our return flights on 22 April with Emirates. 4 seats. Just thought I would mention it in case you still need to go in a week or so.

J
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for your good wishes

OH has a flight booked with Emirates for 6am via Dubai, $3,000 return, booked through the flight centre this morning, took a couple of hours to convince them it was urgent.
The Easter hols has led to the flights being booked up, all the airlines are struggling with full capacity.

Not sure what the situation is at the hospital, waiting to speak with the SIL as the hospital are not allowed to even hint over the phone according to the nurse of the year we always seem to get,
As his Father is ventilated he can not give them permission to give us details, As a nurse myself i understand the rules but would give some indication as to the progress especially when relatives are so far away, Hubby is looking forward to having a few words

Thanks again Di
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:11 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

I hope everything goes well for you, thoughts are with you.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Thanks everyone for your good wishes

OH has a flight booked with Emirates for 6am via Dubai, $3,000 return, booked through the flight centre this morning, took a couple of hours to convince them it was urgent.
The Easter hols has led to the flights being booked up, all the airlines are struggling with full capacity.

Not sure what the situation is at the hospital, waiting to speak with the SIL as the hospital are not allowed to even hint over the phone according to the nurse of the year we always seem to get,
As his Father is ventilated he can not give them permission to give us details, As a nurse myself i understand the rules but would give some indication as to the progress especially when relatives are so far away, Hubby is looking forward to having a few words

Thanks again Di

Really hope things work out ok, when hubbie gets here. Glad you got flight sorted. x