Reload this Page >

Update from the hopefuls

Update from the hopefuls

Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:41 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update from the hopefuls

Hi all
Loads of new names on here that I don't recognise but in case anyone wants an update....

We finished work before Xmas and did family trips over Xmas and New Year, currently staying with Lee's parents.

We have BOOKED the flight tickets for 8th Feb!!!

No, the visa hasn't arrived yet but we are ever "hopeful" of a response soon (approaching the 9 month mark now) and we have arranged new ETAs which will see us through to the 1 year mark whilst in Oz.

So much has happened and it would have been great to share it with you guys along the way but one drawback to being really sorted out is that we have no PC and no internet access anymore!

Our shipment is complete and awaiting our request, our suitcases are pretty much packed and we finished wrapping my mountain bike today. Just booked a car at Sydney airport from www.cairnsdirect.com (thoroughly recommend them) and looking around for a hotel deal at the mo.

I do my gym instructor exams in Sydney from 20th Feb and we are staying on for Mardi Gras before going exploring.

Best of luck to all, I will try to keep in touch when we can.

Lee & Clare
www.ozdiary.com
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:50 pm
earlswood

Lee & Clare,

You've done all this and you still haven't got your visa?

RESPECT TO YOU

Good luck

Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:52 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Barmy, quite quite barmy.

I admire that!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Were you girl guide and boy scout, when you were younger?!

VERY organised!!! Good for you both!

Best of luck!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Update from the hopefuls

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Hi all
Loads of new names on here that I don't recognise but in case anyone wants an update....

We finished work before Xmas and did family trips over Xmas and New Year, currently staying with Lee's parents.

We have BOOKED the flight tickets for 8th Feb!!!

No, the visa hasn't arrived yet but we are ever "hopeful" of a response soon (approaching the 9 month mark now) and we have arranged new ETAs which will see us through to the 1 year mark whilst in Oz.

So much has happened and it would have been great to share it with you guys along the way but one drawback to being really sorted out is that we have no PC and no internet access anymore!

Our shipment is complete and awaiting our request, our suitcases are pretty much packed and we finished wrapping my mountain bike today. Just booked a car at Sydney airport from www.cairnsdirect.com (thoroughly recommend them) and looking around for a hotel deal at the mo.

I do my gym instructor exams in Sydney from 20th Feb and we are staying on for Mardi Gras before going exploring.

Best of luck to all, I will try to keep in touch when we can.

Lee & Clare
www.ozdiary.com
Hi Lee & Clare
thanks for the update, i hope that the rest of your journey goes well and that you enjoy every minute of your new lives
take care and post when you can
rach, mark and chanelle