Reload this Page >

update frankston vic

update frankston vic

Old Mar 20th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough
Default update frankston vic

been here excactly 8 weeks
arrived 19 feb 04,with wife and 2kids.we never been to oz before.no friend or rellies in oz.bought a one way ticket to mel.uk house sale is dragging on but should exchange in the next few weeks .pre booked chalet at dandenong by phone from uk for 3 weeks,and car hire thrifty by phone from uk for 2 weeks.thrifty couldnt get us the tiny mitsubishi mirage we ordered,so ended up giving us a mitsubishi 4x4 outlander for same price yipee!!

anyway....

week1 drove round looking for areas/cars/houses/

week2 frankston seems like a nice area,viewing houses in the area.put a deposit on a new terios 4x4.was lent an old banger mitsubish magna free of charge,while new car is ordered,gave thrifty car back.went to local junior and high school to say we intend to buy/rent a house in the local area,what is the procedure to get in once we moved..their reply was,fill these forms out,and the kids can start tommorrow(which was 1st day of school term).yahoooooooooooo!! we couldnt believe it.

week3 at last contracts exchanged on uk house.booked motel on nepean hyway frankston,to be nearer school for 3 weeks

week4 found a house near school,offer accepted,deposit given,owners job transfer to queensland needs a quick move,thats handy,so do we...

week5 picked up new car

week6 got call to say contracts on house is exchanged,picked up keys,yipee!!hired a van for 4hrs to pick up 3 matresess,2x3 seater sofas,dining table/chair set,tv,tiny fridge.took it home.

week7 going round buying bits for house

week8 settling in,going to frankston guitar music festival tomorrow,anyone going?

workwise..going thru the process of geting my plumbing registration .

1st impressions ?? pinch me,am i really here??
really friendly helpfull people.big mother f###ng usa type awesome lorries. v8s. oz and usa pikup trucks.how u going,great,thats the way,no dramaz.red rooster yum.kfc with mash and gravy.funny shaped 2ltr coke.wide lanes.undertaking doesnt mean anyone is dissing or being dissed.dim sims.flake and chips.left hand lane suddenly dissapears-form 2 lanes.doesnt look stupid in a cowboy hat.big w.mitre 10.coles.warehouse.target.4cents off fuel.its not uncool for kids to wear saftey helment on bikes skateboards.drive thru bottle shops.right hook turns.bunnings.no sink bath overflows.cool school informs ,polo shirts(not shirts).parrots in the trees.plastic money.fly buys,lay buys,rain checks.big malls every where,a shopper paridise.autobarn,super cheap.loads of same type of shops in a row(furnitue or cars or household electric goods)so you can walk from shop to shop to compare.malls have a row of differant food bars next to eachother,but with one common eating area,so dad can have kabab,boy can have indian,girl can have pizza,mum can have chinese ,all on the same table.

who loves ozzy??

us us us!!

no going back.

what we miss about uk??

all those gipsy traveller scum,parking up for 2 weeks,then leaving the crap for council tax payers to pay for.and paying for those illigal immigrants to be housed,and to have free driving lessons.

good luck to all who is waiting

cheers

rday
Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:03 am
WOMBLE1

Thumbs up

Nice to see you are settling in. The Terios, what a great little motor, had ours for nearly 7 months now, had no problems with it and are very impressed, goes for a little 1.3!! We, thats me the wife(nurse) and our little beast (8 year old girl) are on our way to your neck of the woods soon. We are in Adelaide at the moment(the most boring and dull place on the planet!). Been in Oz nearly 8 months now, on our way to Melbourne once our permanent residency is granted ( next few weeks).,Have a cousin from Leicester who lives at Mount Eliza, we fell in love with the place when we visited, you have made a good choice.. Keep us infromed how you go.....
Like you comments re: UK, very true, shame, but I agree the good old UK has had it!!

Old Mar 21st 2004, 6:26 am
Badge

Default Re: update frankston vic

Originally posted by rday
really friendly helpfull people.big mother f###ng usa type awesome lorries. v8s. oz and usa pikup trucks.how u going,great,thats the way,no dramaz.red rooster yum.kfc with mash and gravy.funny shaped 2ltr coke.wide lanes.undertaking doesnt mean anyone is dissing or being dissed.dim sims.flake and chips.left hand lane suddenly dissapears-form 2 lanes.doesnt look stupid in a cowboy hat.big w.mitre 10.coles.warehouse.target.4cents off fuel.its not uncool for kids to wear saftey helment on bikes skateboards.drive thru bottle shops.right hook turns.bunnings.no sink bath overflows.cool school informs ,polo shirts(not shirts).parrots in the trees.plastic money.fly buys,lay buys,rain checks.big malls every where,a shopper paridise.autobarn,super cheap.loads of same type of shops in a row(furnitue or cars or household electric goods)so you can walk from shop to shop to compare.malls have a row of differant food bars next to eachotherwho loves ozzy??
Good on ya R'day. I've long got used to these little aspects of Australian life, or never noticed them, so it's amusing when people point things out.

all those gipsy traveller scum,parking up for 2 weeks,then leaving the crap for council tax payers to pay for.and paying for those illigal immigrants to be housed,and to have free driving lessons.
controversial

Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:21 am
Just Joined

waynecambs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default frankston

just been looking at property in frankston.
it looks very nice and the prices reasonable.would there be any work in the area for a carpenter?also could you give a rough list of good areas and rubbish ones? we will rent to start with but need a school for 6yr old boy.
we sort of like little homely areas within 5 mins drive to action or beach but not next door to mcdonalds!
thanks all.
i`m suprised how willing people are on here to help.
maybe soon i`ll have something to offer.
cheers