Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update..............am official now!!!

Update..............am official now!!!

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Update..............am official now!!!

Firstly have to thank Mairi for the driver's link online for test
http://www.learners.wa.gov.au/
went and did it today and passed .............had a practice online at weekend and off I went, Graham has been studying book today so his turn next.

Cost $105.00 for 5 year licence.

Second bit of good news, Graham has appointment with quarantine officer on Weds morning (bless him, all his birthday plans will now go out the window) as if ok then the whole lot gets delivered to us in afternoon and we will spend the next whoever many days unpacking!!!! will be like xmas in August in our house

Weekend and last week, spent going to various birthday parties and building up social life here, have made some really good friends already, mainly english but seem to be in same boat, wanting to make new friends too. It helps so much having a network of people around you and its amazing how quickly you feel like you've known them for ages.....

Anyone need to know anything please shout as know how it feels with a ton of unanswered questions before you arrive......will update on our stuff arriving etc soon

Teresa
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update..............am official now!!!

Hi Teressa

Glad to hear things are going well.
Has Graham had any luck with a job yet? Has he started looking?
I have applied under Graphic Pre press as well, although we are looking at SA it will be interesting to see what the job situation is like with regards type of work & salaries etc.
Look forward to hearing more updates.

Graham
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:13 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

yeeeaaay. good one Theresa. (told you it was easy - did you get the kangaroo question ???)

Good luck with the quarantine folks on wednesday.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Teresa
Glad all is going well, and well done on your test easy isnt it Well easier than chris's truck test anyway
Glad all is going well and look forward to seeing you guys in the future
Joanne
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

well done!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Teresa and family,
just wanted to say well done to you and best wishes, sounds as if with each day you are settling more and more
hugs from Sunny Poole xxx
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 5:02 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Well done swift family and all the best.

plum
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone, and just so that Graham doesn't get left out, he passed his today, just to correct fees for you all its $105 for 5 yr licence and $40.90 for test.

Also for Gravyman, Graham has started looking for work, has had 2 interviews for a job and just waiting to hear (they are taking ages so not holding out to much hope on that one), once stuff has been sorted at home and printer arrives, he will look around more seriously, will keep you updated

and yes Mairi I got the kangaroo question, how daft, surely no one would put you will see 10 kangaroos!!!

plumber, steandleigh, trying to keep updated with progress but have so much more to do here is hard sometimes - you will see that soon enough

Rach, thanks for hugs, nice to have some from down south, hope things shift along for you xx

and Jo, will catch up when manic unpacking out of way

cheers

Teresa x
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:44 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
yeeeaaay. good one Theresa. (told you it was easy - did you get the kangaroo question ???)

Good luck with the quarantine folks on wednesday.
Hi Teresa and Mairi,

What's the kangeroo question? Please do tell, sounds interesting!!

Sunchaser
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Martin Hales is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Teresa. That's something that is really worrying me as it is so long since I took any sort of test.

I do remember you from the Stockbridge meet and think you used to live in Weston?

So pleased everything is going well for you and the family.

Best wishes

Jackie
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hi Teresa and Mairi,

What's the kangeroo question? Please do tell, sounds interesting!!

Sunchaser
Sunchaser

its the yellow sign with kangaroo on and number 10 underneath, which means watch out for roo's for next 10km, multiple choice questions, so you can imagine how daft the other two answers are

Its very easy, had a few go's online then went and did it, some things similar to Uk and others, you learn whilst driving around, you can sit the test as many times til you pass but not on same day and only one test fee applies - lucky for us we both passed first time, pass rate is 24 out of 30, I got 27 and G got 29 (yes and we still haven't heard the end of that one!!!)

You will be fine Jackie, and yes we were the one's from Woolston with views over Solent
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:45 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Swifts
Sunchaser

its the yellow sign with kangaroo on and number 10 underneath, which means watch out for roo's for next 10km, multiple choice questions, so you can imagine how daft the other two answers are
When I did my test I got this question and the other two choices I got given were

* You are allowed to hunt kangaroos for the next 10 km
* There is a wildlife park or zoo 10 km away

Spent the next few minutes in the test howling with laughter
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:50 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Originally posted by Swifts
Thanks everyone, and just so that Graham doesn't get left out, he passed his today, just to correct fees for you all its $105 for 5 yr licence and $40.90 for test.

Also for Gravyman, Graham has started looking for work, has had 2 interviews for a job and just waiting to hear (they are taking ages so not holding out to much hope on that one), once stuff has been sorted at home and printer arrives, he will look around more seriously, will keep you updated

and yes Mairi I got the kangaroo question, how daft, surely no one would put you will see 10 kangaroos!!!

plumber, steandleigh, trying to keep updated with progress but have so much more to do here is hard sometimes - you will see that soon enough

Rach, thanks for hugs, nice to have some from down south, hope things shift along for you xx

and Jo, will catch up when manic unpacking out of way

cheers

Teresa x

yeeeeaaay. Well done Graham.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:42 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
When I did my test I got this question and the other two choices I got given were

* You are allowed to hunt kangaroos for the next 10 km
* There is a wildlife park or zoo 10 km away

Spent the next few minutes in the test howling with laughter
Hi Mairi and Teresa,

Well if that's the kind of questions they ask it should be a breeze!! Will do some on-line tests when I have some time.
Currently our PC is sailing off to Perth as we speak so I have to grab 5 minutes here and there at work. Very frustrating!!!

Colleen (aka Sunchaser)