Update

Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update

Hi

After receiving our visas on the 5th september we went for a trip to London to get the stickers.

I've handed in my notice and told them that I will not have a car after the end of November. they are paying me a retention allowance to hire a car to come in for a month. how lucky was that???

Looking for removal companies to pack the house on the 30+31st oct and then flying on 25th December. yippppeeee

Will anyone else be around in Sydney on New Year Eve? Might be good to meet up for a
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:30 pm
WBB

congratulations and good luck with the future.

i would of been gutted if they offered me a car for a month, but then i hate work

Old Oct 14th 2003, 8:10 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi we shouldbe in the Sydney area at that time probably still trying to find accommodation our shipping is due to arrive the following week.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:56 am
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am confused - is it still possible to go to the Australian High Commission and pick up the visa/stamp. I thought this wasn't allowed and had to be done by post? Or does it depend on the visa type?

Have just heard from our agent that visa has been granted - paperwork on the way from Aus....HOORAY

:scared:
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:54 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Congratulations yes I think only certain visas are given in oz house and all our paperwork was done there nothing had to go to australia that was a 410 sub class
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You seem to have got things organised - great news. What a fantastic Christmas present leaving for Australia on the 25th.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep really looking forward to it but getting nervous like loads of others on here. We are having a bit of trouble with removals as the timescale to move out is short and they do not seem to have people to come round to quote in time. Never mind the sunshine is getting closer and closer.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by LissyP
Hi

I am confused - is it still possible to go to the Australian High Commission and pick up the visa/stamp. I thought this wasn't allowed and had to be done by post? Or does it depend on the visa type?

Have just heard from our agent that visa has been granted - paperwork on the way from Aus....HOORAY

Great news....... "now let the games begin
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tinaj
You seem to have got things organised - great news. What a fantastic Christmas present leaving for Australia on the 25th.
Tina........ how is it all going with you?? you seem to be at a stand still or am i wrong ??
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj

Wow how brave are you!! not only are you upping sticks and moving to the other side of the world but on Christmas Day!!
My god if anybody deserves to make it you do.

Hopefully we should be settled in by then ,house, jobs etc,so I will
definitley raise a glass(or two)and toast the bravest migrants I have heard of.Though you should be garranteed a top chritmas dinner at 30 odd thousand feet.
Hope all goes well Chris and Rowena