Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unskilled labour?

Unskilled labour?

Old May 24th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

WeThePeople is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unskilled labour?

Is there a place in Australia for people with no real work skills? Both my wife and I have worked for companies and have worked our way up to management level but i work in the gambling industry and her in a garden centre so neither of us have any skills other than people and management skills so id imagine if we made the move to Oz we would need to start all over again on the career ladder. We are only young so its not a problem for us.

But can we do this? My cousin moved there 6 months ago but he's a mechanic and had no problems finding work but what about the wife and I who have little in the way of formal qualifications or a skilled trade to find work.

Your help is much apreciated.
Old May 24th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Unskilled labour?

Before you decide to move to Oz, ring a Migration Agent (some one on here will point you in the right direction), and get your skills Assessed before you spend any money, it will cost you nothing.Good luck!
Old May 24th 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

WeThePeople is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unskilled labour?

Thanks, i didnt know of such a thing, Ill look them up
Old May 24th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unskilled labour?

Originally Posted by WeThePeople
Thanks, i didnt know of such a thing, Ill look them up
I think you need to do a lot more research! Are your skills in demand? If not you won't get a visa so can't move to Australia!