Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

unrequisted meds sent early by dr. !

unrequisted meds sent early by dr. !

Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road
Default unrequisted meds sent early by dr. !

hi, we are hopeing to go employer nominated to oz early march 2005 , employer has done part 1 early december, (all ok), we sent in part 2 today (to embassey in london) when we phoned the dr,s to let them know case number and ask them to send meds off , turns out she sent them before xmas ! no case number, no courier , no tracking, nothing . not very happy about this ,how will the embassey staff deal with it , ie, wait untill they get rest of docs or will they send the stuff back to dr,s will this cause a problem or hold anything up ! i can,t see why the bloody dr sent them off wlthout our permission or case number , thanks for your help , a very cross steve..
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future
Default Re: unrequisted meds sent early by dr. !

Originally Posted by of2oz
hi, we are hopeing to go employer nominated to oz early march 2005 , employer has done part 1 early december, (all ok), we sent in part 2 today (to embassey in london) when we phoned the dr,s to let them know case number and ask them to send meds off , turns out she sent them before xmas ! no case number, no courier , no tracking, nothing . not very happy about this ,how will the embassey staff deal with it , ie, wait untill they get rest of docs or will they send the stuff back to dr,s will this cause a problem or hold anything up ! i can,t see why the bloody dr sent them off wlthout our permission or case number , thanks for your help , a very cross steve..
Hi Steve,
Not surprised that you are annoyed!
I'm not sure how embassy will deal with it - but they will see it has no case no etc, perhaps they will contact you or doc? Have you spoken to anyone at embassy - another pain I know!
Where are you off to in Oz? I'm in process of employer sponsored migration - getting there slowly.....
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to us, our doctor sent our meds off with no case number even though he promised to hold them until we contacted him. Luckily I e-mailed our case officer and she managed to find them (thank god!)

Sent a letter of complaint to the doctor, never got a reply ! so proceeded to bad mouth him all over this forum!

just incase anyone forgot him, his name is Dr Mallam at the West gate surgery in chichester. They are so eager to take the money and dont realise the importance and cost of this whole process.

Contact who ever you can where they were sent and hopefully someone can find them.

Good luck
Daihla

PS- if you dont find them ensure that the doctor repeats the meds free of charge!
Old Jan 4th 2005, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The McGintys
Same thing happened to us, our doctor sent our meds off with no case number even though he promised to hold them until we contacted him. Luckily I e-mailed our case officer and she managed to find them (thank god!)

Sent a letter of complaint to the doctor, never got a reply ! so proceeded to bad mouth him all over this forum!

just incase anyone forgot him, his name is Dr Mallam at the West gate surgery in chichester. They are so eager to take the money and dont realise the importance and cost of this whole process.

Contact who ever you can where they were sent and hopefully someone can find them.

Good luck
Daihla

PS- if you dont find them ensure that the doctor repeats the meds free of charge!
Ooh, I was going to go there, as we're based near Portsmouth too. Is it relatively quick to book the medical, or do there tend to be long waiting lists? We're trying to get de facto visa through asap (probably like everyone else), and we've been quoted 16 weeks all up. Just wondered how long the medical bit took?

Sophie
Old Jan 4th 2005, 3:54 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
Ooh, I was going to go there, as we're based near Portsmouth too. Is it relatively quick to book the medical, or do there tend to be long waiting lists? We're trying to get de facto visa through asap (probably like everyone else), and we've been quoted 16 weeks all up. Just wondered how long the medical bit took?

Sophie
Sophie,

We went there on 20th Dec, found them very helpful so far, need to book about 3/4 weeks in advance. They are also the cheapest in the area< much cheaper that Southampton or Winchester.

Stu
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Yes I agree they were very helpfull & polite, but completely incompetent!

What made it worse is that I rung them about 3 times after having our meds done to remind them not to send until we told them the case number. I was never allowed to talk to the dr and always had to give a message to the receptionist. Also when I called to give the case number, (about 2 months later) I again gave all the details to the receptionist and she said yes I will pass it on to the Dr.

2 weeks later, I called to ensure the meds were sent saftely, to be told "they were sent 2 months ago, 1 week after we had them done and were sent to Adelaide not sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No apology, and I was still not able to talk to the doctor. Sent a letter of complaint and he did not even have the balls to reply!

I agree they were the cheapest but sometimes a few extra quid goes a long way.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm - difficult choice then! Sounds like a nightmare for the McGintys though.

Scary enough having the medicals done. Maybe ease off the wine for a few days beforehand.....

Sophie
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The doctors have to send the meds off as soon as they are completed. if you didi not want them sent, why do them early??????

Most of us from the south coast use Dr mallam, no problems.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

hi, we did,nt do the meds early, i had to have extra tests done as some thing showed up on the x-ray, we were waiting to get all the paperwork completed from the consultants etc, dr still sent them off with no case number in the regular mail . :scared:
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:44 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Hi

Yes I agree they were very helpfull & polite, but completely incompetent!

What made it worse is that I rung them about 3 times after having our meds done to remind them not to send until we told them the case number. I was never allowed to talk to the dr and always had to give a message to the receptionist. Also when I called to give the case number, (about 2 months later) I again gave all the details to the receptionist and she said yes I will pass it on to the Dr.

2 weeks later, I called to ensure the meds were sent saftely, to be told "they were sent 2 months ago, 1 week after we had them done and were sent to Adelaide not sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No apology, and I was still not able to talk to the doctor. Sent a letter of complaint and he did not even have the balls to reply!

I agree they were the cheapest but sometimes a few extra quid goes a long way.
Having read this, thought I would just check with Dr Mallams Surgery...sure enough they have sent the Meds to Adelaide instead of Sydney!!!!!! I have informed our case officer at the ASP and asked her advice. I have also told the Surgery how good thier reputation is on BE, and perhaps its somthing they might like to address.

stu
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

We have just been to Dr Goodall in southampton.. very nice guy, his practice won't send off the forms to sidney without a case number.. not sure how much more expensive he is but it was a quick appointment time. also he was great with my 3 year old and 7 month old baby.. would recommend..
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:53 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We have just been to Dr Goodall in southampton.. very nice guy, his practice won't send off the forms to sidney without a case number.. not sure how much more expensive he is but it was a quick appointment time. also he was great with my 3 year old and 7 month old baby.. would recommend..
We have also just visted Dr Goodall, Wednesday the 29th, and he was a very nice bloke. A bit home sick though.

As a point of interest he is sending ours without a case number.

When I booked the meds in late November I was hoping to have had a case number by the time they took place, we haven't. I explained this to Dr G and he said not to worry and he would send them to Sydney, minus case numbers, when the results of the blood tests were returned in around 10 days.

I assume he has far done more of these than I so bow unto his infinite wisdom... assuming it all goes correctly!

Cheers.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The doctors have to send the meds off as soon as they are completed. if you didi not want them sent, why do them early??????

Most of us from the south coast use Dr mallam, no problems.
Hi

We did them early as we expected to get the req for meds quickly because we were 139 and that visa in fast tracked, I also listen to the advice from my agent!

Doctors do not have to send the meds as soon as completed! They can either give them to you to forward on when requested or hold them (as Dr Mallam offered to do this!!!)

I am glad that most people did not have to go through the same hassle as I did! Dr Mallam still has not learnt from his last mistake and is still sending medicals to Adelaide, what a plonker !

Daihla
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:26 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Having read this, thought I would just check with Dr Mallams Surgery...sure enough they have sent the Meds to Adelaide instead of Sydney!!!!!! I have informed our case officer at the ASP and asked her advice. I have also told the Surgery how good thier reputation is on BE, and perhaps its somthing they might like to address.

stu
Case officer says not too worry will pass them on to sydney, will just add a couple of extra weeks to the decision.

I will attempt to get the Doctor to pay for a courier from Adelaide to Sydney, but dont hold out much hope.....

Stu
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that most people did not have to go through the same hassle as I did! Dr Mallam still has not learnt from his last mistake and is still sending medicals to Adelaide, what a plonker !

Daihla
Dramas like this are all part of the hazard of doing 'unrequested' medicals. It's out of process that increases the risk of error exponentially.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.