Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unlocking Mobiles

Unlocking Mobiles

Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:25 am
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Unlocking Mobiles

I got a mobile sent over from the uk for my daughter it is on vodafone so we stupidly thought we could just pop her oz voda sim in NOT.
Can anyone reccomend somewhere in Perth (northern suburbs)
Thanks Dave
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:01 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlocking Mobiles

Originally Posted by daveplumber
I got a mobile sent over from the uk for my daughter it is on vodafone so we stupidly thought we could just pop her oz voda sim in NOT.
Thanks Dave
Don't know about the northern 'burbs but there are plenty of places in the city in the arcade areas.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

There is a man in whitfords shopping centre that unlocks phones, it was going to cost me $30 to unlock my motorola v3x. If it is on Vodafone from the uk, I unlocked mine myself and it cost me £10. Got the code sent to me on ebay (uk). It was easy and quick to do and then I now use my Ozzie Vodafone sim in it.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi again,

Forgot to ask what make of mobile is it? If it is Nokia, it can be usually unlocked for free via a website. Did my old one and my dads which were on uk vodafone. Pm me if you need help locating the websites.

Sarah.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, ALL mobile phones sold in Singapore are, by law, required to be unlocked.

Might be worth picking up a model for those transiting in Singapore & en route to Australia
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:02 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

The is somewhere online you can unlock phones. I have done this before, but cannot remember the address unfornately. I do know that you can also pay a small amount to get the codes online.

Try googling a unlock code for your particular phone model. I had a Nokia when I did mine and it was fine - I just keyed into the phone a code and viola.

Hope you find it - sorry I can't remember the website!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:35 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Just used www.unlockitfree.com for my Nokia 1600 that was with T-Mobile in the UK.

They gave me 7 numbers to try and it worked with the 1st one .

No need to spend any money for anyone to do it for me. I was quoted $40 at various places in Perth. What a rip off for a couple of minutes work on the internet.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Thanks Dave
Can you ask the person in the UK to phone up vodafone. Give them the imei number. I explained that I was moving abroad and going to stay with Vodafone, gave them the imei number and they they then sent the code in the post. Ok it's a little long winded but might be free.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
Interestingly, ALL mobile phones sold in Singapore are, by law, required to be unlocked.

Might be worth picking up a model for those transiting in Singapore & en route to Australia
When i was there 2 years ago they were not much cheaper than the uk or here, I would advise getting one here as any warrantee is pretty much worthless

John
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

kanjig is an unknown quantity at this point

I was with Vodafone, out of contract, wanted to keep my number so ported it out to T-mobile Pay as you go. When I spoke to Vodafone requesting my Port code I mentioned that my phone was locked and that I will be moving to Australia end of Sept and they were happy to give me the unlock codes\instructions for my phone. Worth giving you mobile carrier a call :-) now its unlocked to all carriers.