United Airlines

Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default United Airlines

Has anyone flown with United via the States before? I want to know if most of the planes have the seat back TVs. The website isn't much use and the agent told me that the leg from LA to Sydney would have them, but he isn't sure about the uk to Orlando leg.

Any experiences?
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

tina, I was told most do but no guarantee's we go on the 25th Sept with them so lets hope were lucky!!

James
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I hope you get one and let me know what they are like! Where are you stopping at?
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
I hope you get one and let me know what they are like! Where are you stopping at?

SF for 5 hours with a 4 year old should be fun!!!

we just want to get there and needed the luggage allowance so currently have 6 (3x2X32kg's) cases all weighing between 31.5 & 32kg each not that we are being precise or anything. A couple of her boyzone and westlife cd's are gonna have to be left behind but I guess we are just gonna have to deal with that.

Sick of packing now and the people at the tip think that I am definately running a business of some sort, I am getting some very evil looks. Had at least 3 trips a day for 3 days on the trot last week. Even saw my boys broken plastic sand pit (I sat on and broke when pissed) dumped thursday reappear at top of the skip on saturday when I went with another drop. There are some sad sad people about it they want to fish my left overs out.

James
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:58 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: United Airlines

Has anyone flown with United via the States before? I want to know if most of the planes have the seat back TVs. The website isn't much use and the agent told me that the leg from LA to Sydney would have them, but he isn't sure about the uk to Orlando leg.

Any experiences?

Tina,

Are you going to have a 'DISNEY FIX' on you way to OZ? Just wondered.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi Tinaj,

I'm sure it's not much help but we went with American Airlines earlier in the year. They had them so I'd be suprised if United haven't kept up with the competition.

It wasn't like Singapore Airlines where you can start the movies when you like. That was top!
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:09 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Nibbs
Hi Tinaj,

I'm sure it's not much help but we went with American Airlines earlier in the year. They had them so I'd be suprised if United haven't kept up with the competition.

It wasn't like Singapore Airlines where you can start the movies when you like. That was top!

They certainly do not have them on the Chicago - Orlando sector.
Well they didn't in February this year.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:39 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Any experiences?
I flew United a year or so ago & wasn't too impressed. No seat back TV's, though this could have changed. Plane was cramped & cabin crew were very unfriendly.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:18 am
Hello Sydney Oct 1

amaslam is an unknown quantity at this point
Post I did last year

I did for holiday last year to Oz. NY-Sydney (stops in SFO).

It was OK, but I've flown better. They did have the seatback TVs but not too much good stuff to watch (I think a few movies). The food was bland (as expected). Don't get stuck in the middle seat (no place to put your elbows). People were lounging in the back of the plane on the floor to stretch a bit (and get rid of those "I've been in this tin can for 10 hours and still 4 hours to go" suicidal looks).

The flight codeshares with Qantas (so United 862 is also QF107/8 or something).

This time I'm going via Malaysia Airlines the long way around (East from US instead of West). I'll post how it goes once I'm in Oz and settled a bit.

They're putting me up in KL for a night in the Blue Wave hotel. Anyone know anything about it? I've looked at the website but that only shows pretty pictures and gushes about how great it is. I just want to know how I can arrange some touristy stuff while I'm in KL for a full day (only must see for me is Petronas towers).
Old Sep 18th 2003, 6:37 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Any experiences?
Not a fan of United. Used them alot for business in a previous life. They gave us a one way upgrade to first class if we booked business. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference!

We're going with Quaint Arse via LA. Time to think Aussie build up those FF points!

Dinky
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Sarah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any experiences?

I went from London to Auckland return on them last year and there were back seat TV's the whole way. I think these are only guaranteed on the 777 planes, some of the 747's may have them, you can look up which plane will be on a particular route on the United website I think. In the 8 times I have flown to NZ over the past 5 years this was the best flight I have had, there were 2 of us travelling and the formation of the planes has 2 seats by the windows and 5 in the middle so we had 2 seats on our own the whole way, no one jumping over us and we didn't need to jump over anyone to get up. They seemed to feed us constantly and down the back for the whole flight was a little buffet with rolls etc that you could help yourself to whenever you fancied. From experience United are every bit as good an Singapore
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I've had several flights with United and would only speak well of them and their service.

With regard to back of seat tv's If you go into the UK sight www.unitedairlines.co.uk (not www.united.com) you will be able to do a trial itinerary and on this they tell you which planes are being used and you could probably know from the model whether the tv's are available.

I have been very pleased with the three trial itinieraries I have ,made for our extended trip to Melbourn. so far £480 INCLUSIVE of taxes and charges is the highest cost and that is
Lond washington Montreal Chicago Las Vegas Los Angeles and Melbourne (there is a stop on the Melbourne leg and I am trying to find out where it is in case we want to stay there) You really can't fault those prices can you?

(plus bonus points for their frequent flier of 2000 for booking on internet and a quick 'jet' booking in system at the airports which every time you use it you get a further 500 points (and don't have to queue)
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:28 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Any experiences?
Hi Tina

We flew United to Orlando via Chicago. I'm sorry to say they were possibly the worst company I have ever flown with and would never choose them again. We flew last year and at the time they were in serious financial trouble. As a result all there staff were really pissed off and we found them to be rude and generally unhelpful. Many of the seat entertainment systems were not working and I ended up with a portable video player on my lap (It was better than nothing but they only had older videos to go in it)

I would also check what there financial status is now as well.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by HUP
Hi Tina

We flew United to Orlando via Chicago. I'm sorry to say they were possibly the worst company I have ever flown with and would never choose them again. We flew last year and at the time they were in serious financial trouble. As a result all there staff were really pissed off and we found them to be rude and generally unhelpful. Many of the seat entertainment systems were not working and I ended up with a portable video player on my lap (It was better than nothing but they only had older videos to go in it)

I would also check what there financial status is now as well.

A real mix of replies then ! It sounds like it is a bit pot luck with them with about half of you saying they are good and half dire.
As we want to do a couple of stop overs on the way they offer the best rates and itineries so we may end up going with them anyway.

YAFM thanks for the site, we have already booked ours with Travelmood so I don't know if we can claim any points now. We are going early Jan for £509 and £346 it was a bit cheaper end of Dec, but we wanted to wait a bit longer.

Cinderella, Yes we are stopping at Orlando for 11 days and are going for 5 days at Disney then on the Disney Cruise around the Bahamas for a week. I can't wait!

Thanks for the info everyone.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by yafm
I've had several flights with United and would only speak well of them and their service.

With regard to back of seat tv's If you go into the UK sight www.unitedairlines.co.uk (not www.united.com) you will be able to do a trial itinerary and on this they tell you which planes are being used and you could probably know from the model whether the tv's are available.

I have been very pleased with the three trial itinieraries I have ,made for our extended trip to Melbourn. so far £480 INCLUSIVE of taxes and charges is the highest cost and that is
Lond washington Montreal Chicago Las Vegas Los Angeles and Melbourne (there is a stop on the Melbourne leg and I am trying to find out where it is in case we want to stay there) You really can't fault those prices can you?

(plus bonus points for their frequent flier of 2000 for booking on internet and a quick 'jet' booking in system at the airports which every time you use it you get a further 500 points (and don't have to queue)

I tried getting a price online but they wanted 3 times the price the travel agent quoted!

Do you know if you can pre-reserve seats your seats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.