uni transfer

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future
Default uni transfer

hi peeps

i am at uni here in the uk and just wondered whether anyone knew whether it was possible to transfer over to an OZ uni without having to start my course again??

i am on a BA course and was looking to transfer to another BA course.
any help would be great
many thanx
anita
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uni transfer

Originally Posted by devonfolk
hi peeps

i am at uni here in the uk and just wondered whether anyone knew whether it was possible to transfer over to an OZ uni without having to start my course again??

i am on a BA course and was looking to transfer to another BA course.
You'll have to talk to the university that interests you. These things are done on a case by case basis, and in general you get less credit for partially completed qualifications. Is it an option to finish your BA in the UK and maybe do postgraduate study in Australia?

What kind of visa for Australia have you got?

Jeremy
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
You'll have to talk to the university that interests you. These things are done on a case by case basis, and in general you get less credit for partially completed qualifications. Is it an option to finish your BA in the UK and maybe do postgraduate study in Australia?

What kind of visa for Australia have you got?

Jeremy
hi jeremy

i will be going as a perm resident, i will have only just completed my 1st year when we leave as i need to get children into school asap so can't afford to waste any time getting over there.
i was hoping that as the course i want to apply for is very similar then i could hopefully go straight into my 2nd year, any thoughts!!

cheers anita
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:20 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I'm doing a post grad course at the university of queensland and JAJ is right you'll have to contact universities, i know people that have got in in difference ways but not through a direct transfer. You will have to obtain credit from whichever uni you choose and then they will decide.

This is the universitiy of Queensland website http://www.uq.edu.au/ have a search for you current course and compare, there are also lots of email contacts on there.

As you have PR you'll be counted as a domestic student so heres some contact details http://www.uq.edu.au/study/index.htm...12827&pid=1163

Just so you can get an idea.

Good Luck