Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unexpected Emails

Unexpected Emails

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:12 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Unexpected Emails

Well what can I say….
It came via email and at first we thought that we had missed something out and were being pulled up on it.
Then we thought that there must be something wrong with the kid’s passport that we had to get renewed during the application process.
Then we opened it.
And read it
And read it again.
And then a third time ‘cos we didn’t believe the first two.
And then after 30 seconds silence while it sunk in.
We screamed.
We’ve got a visa.
We can go.
It’s actually happened.
All that bloody paperwork has finally paid up.
We have it.
And I still can’t really believe it.
It’s only been 2 weeks since we sent the PC checks off, we weren’t prepared for it yet.
Not that I’m complaining.
I think we may have to indulge in a glass or two this evening.
We’ve still not decided where we’re going yet.
Or arranged the packing, or sold the stuff we’re not taking, or……or…..
One step at a time..
YIPEEE!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this site, we only tend to post when we know stuff for sure (which isn’t often) but we’ve taken a lot of info. in from others. So thanks to everyone for his or her indirect help.

And its still not sunk in.

J+J
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

sss1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Unexpected Emails

Originally Posted by J+J
Well what can I say….
It came via email and at first we thought that we had missed something out and were being pulled up on it.
Then we thought that there must be something wrong with the kid’s passport that we had to get renewed during the application process.
Then we opened it.
And read it
And read it again.
We screamed.
We’ve got a visa.
We can go.
It’s actually happened.
We have it.
It’s only been 2 weeks since we sent the PC checks off, we weren’t prepared for it yet.
One step at a time..
YIPEEE!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this site, we only tend to post when we know stuff for sure (which isn’t often) but we’ve taken a lot of info. in from others. So thanks to everyone for his or her indirect help.

J+J
Many Congrats.

SSS
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:15 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unexpected Emails

Originally Posted by J+J
Well what can I say….
Then we opened it.
And read it
And read it again.
We screamed.
We’ve got a visa.
We can go.
It’s actually happened.
We have it.
One step at a time..
YIPEEE!!!!!

J+J
woooohoooo!!! enjoy it!! it's all ahead of you now, a few tonight then.

Many congrats from the madsads!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

good luck and congrattttts, dont get too pissed
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

What a fantastic surprise!!!

Wishing you all well in planning your new life.

Best wishes
Kristine.x
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Really pleased for you.....now the nightmare begins!! House selling, resigning from work, kids last day at school, packing up the furniture etc, etc, etc!!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:27 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congratss !!!!
Happy for you.....

Badri
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:30 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi J&J

Congratulations on getting your visa!!!!! Plenty of I imagine tonight!!!!!

Well done and good luck for your new life down under!!!!

Shell
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations jj,takes a while to sink in doesnt it, and when it does you wont come down from the cieling all day

All the very best of luck, now its all real

have a good celebration tonight

where are you heading,tracey.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Congratulations. Im hoping it will be us soon
Good luck with all the stuff youve got left to do but tonight JUST GET

Rachelx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:39 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Unexpected Emails

Hi all,

Thanks for all the good vibes guys.
Just for your information I'm now on my 5th glass and enjoying every drop.
It's been a while and it still hasn't sunk in.
And just to top the day off we've completed the sale on a house I used to rent out, so thats another thing off the list and a bit more cash in the OZ fund.
What a day!!!

I feel like I need a holiday.

J
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

well done and congratulations to the whole family, wishing you all the very very best in your journey and the start of your new life.

Good luck down under, hope to follow you in the not too distant future.

Nev.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:32 pm
blossom

Thumbs up Re: Unexpected Emails

Congratulations to you all - really happy for you, and well done on selling the house. Wishing you all the very best of luck in your new endeavours down under!

PS:: Can you send me some of your house selling luck ?!?!?!?!?

best wishes
Blossom

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:39 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi what a great 'I got it post' at first I thought it was gonna be bad news, then I read it, read it again, read it a third time and ... HEY CONGRATULATIONS

Kay
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:40 pm
toocheeky

Whoooo HOOO!!!

Congratulations!

Good luck J+J for your new life,
Karen
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.