Unemployed

Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default Unemployed

Wondering how many others out there are looking for work and like me spend the day trawling Seek, Mycareer etc with the occasional break to see who's been posting on this site?

Maybe I'm the only one..............
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:56 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Unemployed

Probably not the only one...

It's more about who you know in Aus, so you gotta get out there and "network" (I hate that word...)
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louH
Wondering how many others out there are looking for work and like me spend the day trawling Seek, Mycareer etc with the occasional break to see who's been posting on this site?

Maybe I'm the only one..............
My wife is and it's driving her crazy !
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

my hubby's in the same boat, he's a plasterer and everyone says the same thing "got nothing at the moment mate, it's gone quiet" , trying to keep positive thou..
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:06 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

us to hubby... out looking now while I try to sort out this licensing joke finally might be making some headway though.

Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:28 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm supposed to be but I certainly don't spend all day on those sites. Got half a dozen Job Alerts set up, run 'em and read 'em while I have my morning coffee.

Occasionally I actually save and print some of the jobs. Rarely, I actually apply for one or two. I've also booked myself on a few courses to try and wake up my brain.

I'm working my way up to networking, but I'm anti-social and not very good at that.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

My OH in same boat too!
You are definitely not alone
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Got half a dozen Job Alerts set up, run 'em and read 'em while I have my morning coffee.
Be careful - just recently I have discovered that not all relevant jobs are included in the alert so you may well be missing an opportunity. But then again maybe you didn't want to know that
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi, think I'm in the same boat, I trawl seek everyday and the jobs.gov.au

I'm gonna have to set a time limit because it's quite depressing really. I've applied for loads and only had 3 interviews. Decided against the first one and second one and the got short listed for the third one but no job offer

I've only been looking really for just over a month but it seems like an age.

I heard on the news tonight that job advertisements in WA are down, this comes as no surprise really.

I just hope to get a job before the money runs out! I hate being a kept woman but I suppose I'm lucky that at least the OH has a job, although there are rumours on the grapevine about that

Good luck to all you job hunters.

M
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margy
Hi, think I'm in the same boat, I trawl seek everyday and the jobs.gov.au

I'm gonna have to set a time limit because it's quite depressing really. I've applied for loads and only had 3 interviews. Decided against the first one and second one and the got short listed for the third one but no job offer

I've only been looking really for just over a month but it seems like an age.

I heard on the news tonight that job advertisements in WA are down, this comes as no surprise really.

I just hope to get a job before the money runs out! I hate being a kept woman but I suppose I'm lucky that at least the OH has a job, although there are rumours on the grapevine about that

Good luck to all you job hunters.

M
3 interviews in a month is fantastic! Sounds like your doing something right - now you just need to snare the job
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louH
3 interviews in a month is fantastic! Sounds like your doing something right - now you just need to snare the job
I agree, 3 interviews is great. OH is lucky if he even gets an acknowledgement of his existence
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:21 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

As Centrelink prepares to dole out billions of dollars in one-off bonuses to families, data suggests that people fearing for their jobs won't be in a rush to spend it.

In a week that the unemployment rate is expected to hit five per cent for the first time in nearly three years, new figures show job advertising has slumped nearly 40 per cent in the past year.

"There's a diminishing pool of job opportunities out there," Nomura Australia chief economist Stephen Roberts said.

"Put that together with a rising unemployment rate and you can't see anything but households will be extremely cautious."

But the latest ANZ job advertisement report on Tuesday showed internet and newspaper ads tumbled 10.4 per cent in February, the largest monthly fall in its 10-year history.

It was the 10th consecutive monthly decline.

At the same time, business conditions in February plummeted to depths last seen just after the recession of the early 1990s, according to National Australia Bank's (NAB's) monthly business survey.

cut from website
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Me... but I do have a 10 hr week job and have been helping out at HO who offered me a FT post but the money wasnt enough so I had to turn it down... I had an interview on Monday and references have been checked today and I've been asked in for a medical so it sounds like i have this job which is MUCH better paid - like $20000 more than the job i was offered where i am currently working.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi, just a quick update, unfortunately my OH's boss called last night and his company has gone into liquidation, so that's both of us without a job.

Sleepless night

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

M
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by margy
Hi, just a quick update, unfortunately my OH's boss called last night and his company has gone into liquidation, so that's both of us without a job.

Sleepless night

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

M
Bah, hope you both sort something out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.