Reload this Page >

Unease in my gut

Unease in my gut

Old Jan 21st 2003, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Shikse
Hi Denhim

You forgot to mention the dear old OAP, war widow, who was told by her lifetime GP that she would have to find another doctor to make way for Asylum seekers.

God our country sucks, bring on Oz!!!
Shikse
The UK is not that bad a place, you know. Everywhere has it problems. You will soon become equally (if not more so) as frustrated with Australian politicians. Australia's policy on asylum seekers leaves plenty to be desired. Just do a Google search to learn more, if you're interested.

IMO, you will be making a big mistake if you get on such a downer about the UK and come to Australia thinking all the problems you've left behind will be solved. No place is perfect. We prefer Sydney to London at the moment (and will almost certainly stay for the long term) but that doesn't mean we hate London and the UK and think it "sucks".
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by colin
The UK is not that bad a place, you know. Everywhere has it problems. You will soon become equally (if not more so) as frustrated with Australian politicians. Australia's policy on asylum seekers leaves plenty to be desired. Just do a Google search to learn more, if you're interested.

IMO, you will be making a big mistake if you get on such a downer about the UK and come to Australia thinking all the problems you've left behind will be solved. No place is perfect. We prefer Sydney to London at the moment (and will almost certainly stay for the long term) but that doesn't mean we hate London and the UK and think it "sucks".

Well said........
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 1:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

"We even accept Taliban soldiers who fought against us in Afghanistan.
It was disclosed on Saturday that a 32-year-old fighter got asylum last May. His lawyers, funded by legal aid, claimed he would be persecuted by the new government in Kabul". quote by Denhim
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was an article on the BBC website the other day, I don't know if it is the same person you are referring to but an ex Taliban fighter complained to a local MP in Cardiff for his application to be sped up, it only then came to light that he used to fight for the Taliban... the Welsh MP is creating stink, and wants the man deported.

To those people who are sick and tired of illegal immigrants in Britain , it is not that much different in Aus. Australia has it fair share of these problems, and a lot of politics here revolve around these issues, a lot of people in Aus are sick of the same things. John Howards popularity went up in the polls at the time over his hard stance with the boat people. You're forgetting that Aus has been, and is criticised by the Human Rights groups for our detention centres here. People sewing their lips together, lighting fires in the centres etc etc. I think most "western" countries who have free benefits such as Health, dole etc are getting similar problems with illegal immigrants. Australia has big probs with people going through Indonesia to buy their tickets on a boat to come here (illegal boat people trade) Last year we had a mosque burnt down by some anti-muslim "white" person in Brisbane , there is racisms here and there are illegal immigrants issues here too, don't think you are getting away from it all by leaving Britain to come to Australia. Australia like Britain has got big issues concerning illegal immigrants too.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 22nd 2003 at 1:41 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 2:00 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

40% of what? 40% of say 52,000 is not alot. Those kind of numbers will probably have no economic impact on Sweden and it's resources and Sweden will look like they are doing their 'bit'

That's because they are not genuine, they've come to land of plenty. The UK welcomes ALL GENUINE asylum seekers.

Shikse
I think its highly debatable whether the number of migrants we are talking about has a major economic impact on one of the worlds richest nations, with a population of about 60 million! I'd love to know how these 1,500 migrants per week are getting into the country now that airports and ports have upped their security?
Personally I get more worked up about the hopeless inefficiency and mentality of workers within our public sector. Having been involved in a few audits of these organisations I can assure you that the bad management, skiving, 'go slows' and generally hopless organisation within these monsters costs our country far more than asylum seekers.

I guess we get worked up about what we want to get worked about, dont we?

Enjoy Australia, you'll be extremely busy desparing at how everything 'sucks' here too!!
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by colin

Of course, everywhere has it's problems! My condemning comments about the UK are MY personal way of convincing myself that I am doing the right thing in migrating to Oz. I have my doubts, like many people on this forum do. Sounds a strange way of handling things, but it's MY way, and it's working! It kind of evens out the Anti-Oz posts, don't you think? I really am in two minds about this whole migration thing!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 10:30 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pickletheplacid
Originally posted by denhim
before you read this i would like to say that i am no means racist or against anyone entering the uk for legitimate purposes. but the following is a cutting from todays paper and it just gave me another reason for wanting to leave this sinking ship called.....HMS U.K

I wonder when Blair will also realise that illegal immigrants have a direct impact on the UK, drug/ street crime, prostitution (the bad kind), forgery, etc.

Joe
The main differance in Australia its the legal immigrants who control the drug/ street crime, prostitution , this country is a dustbin for the world.

Permanent entry to Australia can be through the migration program (for skilled and family migrants) or the humanitarian program (for refugees and others in humanitarian need).

In the past 50 years, almost 600,000 refugees and displaced people have been resettled in Australia. Many had close family ties to Australia.

Within the current humanitarian program is an offshore component (which helps people in humanitarian need overseas, for whom resettlement in another country is the only option) and an onshore component (for people in Australia seeking protection - that is, seeking refugee status).

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 23rd 2003 at 2:34 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 10:42 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

This may be true but I think you will find 2002 could be different. What about the illegals who don't even bother to apply?

That's because they were probably not genuine in the first place, just economic migrants. Yes, but are they forcibly sent back to their last port of entry? No, they just re apply or dissapear working as cab drivers and cleaners.

The UK doesn't include 'dependents' on their official list. So a asylum seeker with a wife, two kids and a brother and sister will only count as one. Germany 180,000?? From the World Refugee Survey 2001 they say 116,000. Anyway, after being rejected in Germay (see below) they will make their way over to the UK - The land of milk and honey, free handouts to anyone.

That's because they are not genuine, they've come to land of plenty. The UK welcomes ALL GENUINE asylum seekers.

Shikse
Who do you think goes to Australia for every skilled immigrant , 2 dependents are let in or family members .
Australia has welcomed some of the worlds garbage the drug trade , street gangs are controled by Asians , and heavy crime by East Europeans and Italians plus the Greeks on the edge are the bikie gangs.
You half wits are moaning about new immigrants to the UK , this country takes people from 170 countries how many do you think have iffy papers .
If mixing with other races upsets you I should find another country , Australia is not the place to come.

Old Jan 22nd 2003, 10:45 pm
Banned

Default Re: as above

Originally posted by tipper
muslims need to sort their own back yard out ie root out the bad ones and do something about it them selfs. for a change.

and to PB army squaddie 1 Argentina 0

PB 0 australia 1.
Very good you did know that the Aussies thought it was most funny whatching the British ships get sunk in the Falklands , a lot where upset the Aggies come second.
You will need to change the Muslims in Australia are well respected they own loads of property in Perth and have own schools and places of worship here also , NF members like yourself are not welcome.

There are around 446,500 Muslims in Australia, out of a total population of 19,000,000, and they belong to various ethnic backgrounds, including Lebanese, Turkish, and Far Eastern.

Australia’s Muslims, just like their brethren elsewhere, feel hurt when they hear, see, or learn of the vicissitudes of their brothers and sisters in other parts of the world, such as Afghanistan and Palestine, but their channels of expressing their feelings and stands are limited. They do not have even a newspaper of their own, or other media channel through which they could regularly make known to the world, and to the Australian public at large, their feelings, attitudes, and stances.

However, the media have been distorting the true image of Islam and Muslims, and the community has gone through many ups and downs, because of that distortion, and is now a well-established community. It is a community comprised of 35 out of Australia’s 85 ethnic groups.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 23rd 2003 at 2:44 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 3:17 am
Banned

Hi Denhim

You forgot to mention the dear old OAP, war widow, who was told by her lifetime GP that she would have to find another doctor to make way for Asylum seekers.

God our country sucks, bring on Oz!!!
Shikse

Me thinks you are Sun reader and even worse believe it , did Freddie Star realy eat that hamster?
Have you met any of these good people at all , the chances are no never mind there are loads of refugees excepted by Australia every year forget the few kept in camps , over 600,000 have settled here over the past 50 years.

It seems to be accepted political wisdom that Australians simply do not want refugees. Yet the public response to Kosovar and East Timorese refugees demonstrated the opposite; Australians can be very sympathetic to the plight of refugees, particularly when they are informed of the reasons for their flight and the horrific ordeals they have been through.

Refugees are less likely to bring disease to Australia than Australians returning from a trip overseas because all refugees coming to settle permanently in Australia must undergo comprehensive medical checks, conducted by doctors approved by the Australian Government, to ensure they meet Australia's high health standards.

Australia is committed to playing a significant role in assisting refugees and other victims of displacement and human rights violation to build a new life free from discrimination and harassment. It is one of the world's top three countries providing resettlement opportunities for refugees. It also makes a significant monetary contribution each year to United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) programs operating outside Australia.

Australia has a non-discriminatory immigration policy. This means that anyone from any country regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, gender, colour or religion can apply to migrate to Australia. Australia's migration program consists of two categories: Skilled and Family, and Humanitarian.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 23rd 2003 at 4:48 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 7:38 am
2thick

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Me thinks you are Sun reader and even worse believe it , did Freddie Star realy eat that hamster?

Me thinks the the Sun is probably too highbrow for you where did you get the following garbage from?

Originally posted by PB Very good you did know that the Aussies thought it was most funny whatching (sic) the British ships get sunk in the Falklands , a lot where (sic) upset the Aggies come second.
By the way cutting and pasting is poor form, but cutting and pasting and pretending it is your own writing is beyond the pale - it's plagiarism and dishonest. Silly me what did I expect from you

2thick

Old Jan 23rd 2003, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
If mixing with other races upsets you I should find another country , Australia is not the place to come.

For the record PB, my grandparents are Polish immigrants. They came to East London in the 1930's. Therefore, I'm half Polish, by descent. I currently live in London, probably the most multicultral city in the world. I don't have a problem with that. If I did, why would I stay in London? We could sell our house in London and afford to live anywhere else in the UK if it bothered us.

Shikse
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Refugees are less likely to bring disease to Australia than Australians returning from a trip overseas because all refugees coming to settle permanently in Australia must undergo comprehensive medical checks, conducted by doctors approved by the Australian Government, to ensure they meet Australia's high health standards.
Which disease did you catch from your last trip abroad???

cutandpasteitis?
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 10:22 pm
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shikse

For the record PB, my grandparents are Polish immigrants. They came to East London in the 1930's. Therefore, I'm half Polish, by descent. I currently live in London, probably the most multicultral city in the world. I don't have a problem with that. If I did, why would I stay in London? We could sell our house in London and afford to live anywhere else in the UK if it bothered us.

Shikse

So in fact your grandparents could have been asylum seekers , just like those you have been ranting on about ?
Strange how people who fled their own countries fear those who do the same.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 23rd 2003 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 10:29 pm
Banned

Originally posted by 2thick
Me thinks the the Sun is probably too highbrow for you where did you get the following garbage from?

By the way cutting and pasting is poor form, but cutting and pasting and pretending it is your own writing is beyond the pale - it's plagiarism and dishonest. Silly me what did I expect from you

2thick

The Sun gives a very balanced view of the UK not ,and looking what is written on this forum its read by most of the people on this forum .
Never have said the cut and pasting is my writing or my view , calling anyone dishonest without good cause only brings yourself down.
The Sun is not has good as the Western Australian , nice little bit today about WAs finest.

DAMAGING claims that police brutalised and tortured suspects widened yesterday with new allegations at the Kennedy inquiry about the behaviour of detectives based at Morley CIB.

Prisoner Philip John Stiggants testified that when he was being questioned at Morley in 1991 he was stripped naked, had a plastic bag taped over his head, was burnt on the body with a cattle prod, repeatedly assaulted and had either a torch or a baton inserted in his anus.

A royal commission inquiry which opened on Monday with allegations against detectives based at Claremont has widened with evidence of similar conduct by CIB officers at Wanneroo and now Morley.

ONE of WA's most notorious criminals claimed yesterday that he was given electric shocks and tortured by police officers after being picked up for armed robbery.

Reynolds said the lights were turned off and a radio was turned up to drown out his screams. He didn't know what he was given shocks with but it felt like a big needle.

"I was terrified," he said. "I was electrocuted at least seven times on my back. It may have left little burn marks on my back."

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 24th 2003 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down cut & paste

thats what ill do to you PB.
SO WHATCH out here i come just got the letter you got when you blew out the uk x number of years ago.

whatch out pc whimp.

tipperus aussie us. trained to kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.