Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK weather at present?

UK weather at present?

Old Jan 8th 2005, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK weather at present?

Looks pretty wet and windy there - hope everyone has escaped the floods?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4156017.stm
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:05 pm
Merlot

Default Re: UK weather at present?

Dunno what is worse, living through this or bush fires!!!!

M

Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:12 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It's been pretty grim in Oxfordshire. Our power cut out at 9.30 pm yesterday evening and finally came on again about 12 noon today. But the freezer needed defrosting really anyway, so best to look on the bright side.

GG
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Has been terrifically windy. Woke up at 4am by large crashes coming from the garden, luckily no real damage. Was watching trees almost bending in half with the force of the wind. Seem to have calmed down now 12 hours later.
Sue
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:14 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Geordie George
It's been pretty grim in Oxfordshire. Our power cut out at 9.30 pm yesterday evening and finally came on again about 12 noon today. But the freezer needed defrosting really anyway, so best to look on the bright side.

GG
Sorry to hear that, we have none of those problems luckily.

How many meals can you make with a bag of frozen peas by the way??

We use dot get frequent power cuts in Australia mind, that was fun on hot summers days!

M

Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:10 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Merlot

We use dot get frequent power cuts in Australia mind, that was fun on hot summers days!

M

Now that's where having your own generator would come in

Remember follow that boy scout motto: be prepared!

I'm not worried about the freeezer but the central heating would sto if the mains went out & I like it warm

You can get a 2kva one for £230ish look on ebay.

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:22 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by markeh
Now that's where having your own generator would come in

Remember follow that boy scout motto: be prepared!

I'm not worried about the freeezer but the central heating would sto if the mains went out & I like it warm

You can get a 2kva one for £230ish look on ebay.

Bye
Mark
Yep, bugger the peas hey, shove them outside as it is cold enough!

I hate being cold though!

M

Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

M
Where abouts in the Tees Valley do you hail from? In that area myself. Not too bad where I am at the moment. Bad winds overnight blew a few fences down but no power cuts or anything. Only thing is I hate being so cold. Can't wait to get a bit of sun!!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:28 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Where abouts in the Tees Valley do you hail from? In that area myself. Not too bad where I am at the moment. Bad winds overnight blew a few fences down but no power cuts or anything. Only thing is I hate being so cold. Can't wait to get a bit of sun!!
Sunny Billingham, born and bred until I escaped many years ago . . oh the ties that bind us eh!

Back here for a few years then back to sunshine, not a great fan of the humidity though! Whereabouts are you? Which place are you heading too?

Our neighbours all suffering damage with fences and roof tiles, we are not so bad!

Merlot

Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny Billingham, born and bred until I escaped many years ago . . oh the ties that bind us eh!

Back here for a few years then back to sunshine, not a great fan of the humidity though! Whereabouts are you? Which place are you heading too?

Our neighbours all suffering damage with fences and roof tiles, we are not so bad!

Merlot
In Nunthorpe at present but planning on going to Brisbane in August. Already have visas and been over to validate them. Just waiting to sell the house and go now.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

I work in Skipton, North-Yorkshire, and it was a hell of a struggle to get in this morning what with the cascade of wheelie bins in the road , most of the side roads over that way are flooded quite badly. I know of a few people who are sandbagging their doors over there :-(

Then, on my way home we were stopped by a fallen over artic. lorry. Hope the driver was OK. Weather is pants!

Best stop in and

Jamie
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamiem
I work in Skipton, North-Yorkshire, and it was a hell of a struggle to get in this morning what with the cascade of wheelie bins in the road , most of the side roads over that way are flooded quite badly. I know of a few people who are sandbagging their doors over there :-(

Then, on my way home we were stopped by a fallen over artic. lorry. Hope the driver was OK. Weather is pants!

Best stop in and

Jamie
Not too bad in Suffolk! Very windy, but dry and sunny! Made the kids go out and play in it! Told them they needed to "get some fresh air"! At least this time its not hot and muggy (remembering last 'storm' we were in in oz!) In fact I sat in the living room all cosy with my cuppa-soup (very British), fluffy socks, fire burning. 5 weeks back in UK and still enjoying it! Someone told me it'll soon change in about 3 mths! Apparently I'll be desperate for some sunshine!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:54 pm
The golf better be good!

Click69 is an unknown quantity at this point

The wind was so bad last night (not helped by the fact we live in a Dormer bugalow) that we had three kids sleeping with us last night. And the oldest is sixteen!!!! Now that's bad weather for you.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:30 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The wind blew two metal patio chairs down the garden last night it was so strong. I spent two hours stood in a field watching football this afternoon and still haven't stopped shivering despite having been home two and a half hours
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

coming home from nightshift this morning at 6am, and nearly got blown off the road, and i dont drive a little car :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.