Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Voting From Abroad

UK Voting From Abroad

Old Feb 10th 2023, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Voting From Abroad

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
I may no longer live in the UK, and so not subjected to the day to day "life experience", however I am in very regular contact with family and friends there who live it daily; I watch TV and read news articles from various UK and non-UK sources and I do not believe for one moment that life currently in the UK is quite that "nice" for a vast number of people as you seem to think.

My main motivation is to highlight the need for electoral reform in the UK.

Seriously? As simple as that?

As we're not in TIO, I'd best leave it there.
Its the majority vote and yes that’s how democracy works wether you are io the loosing side or not I would rather have/be able a vote than have no vote or any say at all . As I have said in previous post I have a keen interest in Australia I choose to leave and live/work elsewhere hence I gave up my moral right to vote if I could vote I still would not as from noticing things from afar and ie just listening/hearing and reading about things would still not impact on me directly but my vote (from my high horse) could “mess up” everyday Australians, from my past experience listening, hearing, reading or watching from a distance is so not the same as actually living in that country.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Feb 10th 2023 at 10:10 pm. Reason: fix quote