UK TV Licence

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:40 am
Oz here we are!!!

JoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really nice
Default UK TV Licence

Just a heads-up to anyone leaving soon that you should give the TV licence people a call even if your licence is due to expire. If you pay by DD you are actually making payments towards the next year's licence after the first few months, we ended up getting a refund of £55, better than a kick in the teeth!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:54 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Licence

Originally Posted by JoandStuV
Just a heads-up to anyone leaving soon that you should give the TV licence people a call even if your licence is due to expire. If you pay by DD you are actually making payments towards the next year's licence after the first few months, we ended up getting a refund of £55, better than a kick in the teeth!

good point

thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:06 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoandStuV
We had no intention of paying another quarter and we were only in effect going to be 3 weeks without a licence.
One night the phone rings!

"Hello, this is Dave from the Television licencing department".

Shit I think to myself, they don't hang about in nicking you!

"We've noticed you have cancelled your Direct Debit".

I explained that we were leaving the country in the next 2 weeks and obviously we would not be *ahem* watching any TV as the television is in a container somewhere.

He said, "no problem, I'll put it on the system that you weren't available to answer the call and place a note to ring you again in 2 weeks time to discuss the direct debit situation further".
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:22 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
We had no intention of paying another quarter and we were only in effect going to be 3 weeks without a licence.
One night the phone rings!

"Hello, this is Dave from the Television licencing department".

Shit I think to myself, they don't hang about in nicking you!

"We've noticed you have cancelled your Direct Debit".

I explained that we were leaving the country in the next 2 weeks and obviously we would not be *ahem* watching any TV as the television is in a container somewhere.

He said, "no problem, I'll put it on the system that you weren't available to answer the call and place a note to ring you again in 2 weeks time to discuss the direct debit situation further".
Blimey! You got to deal with a real human being at the end of the phone - not one of these job's worth robots who don't apply common-sense!

Not having a TV licence reminds me of being a kid at home and the numerous occasions that we weren't allowed to have the telly on, because Mum couldn't afford the licence and had seen the 'telly van' about. She was convinced they had an arial that could pick up the signal if your telly was on! Not sure if that was true or not, but we never got caught!

Nicky
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Blimey! You got to deal with a real human being at the end of the phone - not one of these job's worth robots who don't apply common-sense!

Not having a TV licence reminds me of being a kid at home and the numerous occasions that we weren't allowed to have the telly on, because Mum couldn't afford the licence and had seen the 'telly van' about. She was convinced they had an arial that could pick up the signal if your telly was on! Not sure if that was true or not, but we never got caught!

Nicky
And the good news is no TV licence in Oz - yippee!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by suebrennan
I would gladly pay for an Aus tv licence if it guaranteed the same quality of programmes as the UK...
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Which is a good thing because Australia has the worst TV I have ever had the misfortune to try and watch If there was a licence we wouldn't pay it, all the TV we watch is from DVDs.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

dave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Country Boy
I would gladly pay for an Aus tv licence if it guaranteed the same quality of programmes as the UK...

I would have put my mortgage on someone putting in that reply . I was surprised it took as long as 6 minutes before someone posted it .

All I can say is thank god for the Internet .
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Considerng the shite we get to watch here it's not that good news.

Thank heavens for UKNova.