Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Sunday Times in Brisbane?

UK Sunday Times in Brisbane?

Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:03 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default UK Sunday Times in Brisbane?

Though the Saturday Courier-Mail and the Weekend Australian are decent-ish substitutes, we still miss reading the Sunday Times.

Does anyone know anywhere in Brisbane where you can buy the full hard copy UK Sunday Times for a sensible price? I've tried GPO News off Queen St but they say that they'll only only supply it on order and it'll cost $21 a copy...and I don't miss it that much!....

I know that we can read it online but it's just not the same as spreading out all the supplements to decide what to read first.

Cheers

GLR
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:45 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Sunday Times in Brisbane?

I was given this link in a previous thread

http://www.newspaperdirect.com.au/

Checked out the price list and according to that it is $8.95

http://www.newspaperdirect.com.au/Paper%20Pricing.pdf

cheers
TT

Originally Posted by GLR
Though the Saturday Courier-Mail and the Weekend Australian are decent-ish substitutes, we still miss reading the Sunday Times.

Does anyone know anywhere in Brisbane where you can buy the full hard copy UK Sunday Times for a sensible price? I've tried GPO News off Queen St but they say that they'll only only supply it on order and it'll cost $21 a copy...and I don't miss it that much!....

I know that we can read it online but it's just not the same as spreading out all the supplements to decide what to read first.

Cheers

GLR
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:40 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I was given this link in a previous thread

http://www.newspaperdirect.com.au/

Checked out the price list and according to that it is $8.95

http://www.newspaperdirect.com.au/Paper%20Pricing.pdf

cheers
TT
Hi TT

I'm not sure that the newspaper direct service is exactly what I'm looking for.

I saw a copy of The Times in GPO News today from that service and what they do is to print out a copy of today's newspaper at the newsagents on A3 paper. It looks similar to the real thing but it's not the same. You don't get the glossy magazines etc. The Times already offers an online subscription service where you get a pdf of the complete newspaper which you can then print out yourself which is essentially what the shop is doing for $6.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6969,00.html

I was really hoping to get the "proper" newspaper - as if I'd walked into my old newsagents in London... but without the rain and the abusive teenagers!

Cheers

GLR
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR

I was really hoping to get the "proper" newspaper - as if I'd walked into my old newsagents in London... but without the rain and the abusive teenagers!

Cheers

GLR
Don't think its possible - I'd love it if I could get hold of a copy even though it would be a couple of days old before it got here
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:09 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this helps as I'm not in Brisbane to see myself but my dad, always travelling, used to go to the airport newsagents at different cities because they stocked up on foreign newspapers.... worth a look if you happen to be near the airport.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Don't know if this helps as I'm not in Brisbane to see myself but my dad, always travelling, used to go to the airport newsagents at different cities because they stocked up on foreign newspapers.... worth a look if you happen to be near the airport.
Brisbane airport sometimes has the Asian papers, but not spotted any UK ones - probably because of the time spent in getting them here.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:17 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

I'm currently living in Amsterdam, and while we get the Sundays on Sunday from several news agents, we never get the color suppliments. So I'd be surprised to if you would get the whole hog in Australia.

Sunday Times? What about the News of the World..!