uk return

Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:47 am
Just Joined

sponge bob will become famous soon enoughsponge bob will become famous soon enough
Wink uk return

Well not long now before we return to the UK. Perth (WA) has been a great disappiontment, poor education , poor working conditions, poor housing, and believe it or not quite poor weather.
Standards are very low compared to the UK and the most used Phrase out here must be "GIVE IT TIME YOU WILL GET USED TO IT".

But why would you want to get used to putting up with second best all the time?

Some things are better than theUK but on balance we took a big step backwards comming here.
before I am slated for my views i might just add that the return flight is full and a large poportion of the people on board will also be returning back.

The one major disadvantage of these type of message boards are by the time most poeple have decided to return they have long since finished posting on the internet.
We are far from alone in our view of WA.

Anyway good luck to anyone migrating over i`m sure if you give it time you will get used to it
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:02 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: uk return

Not every State is suitable for everyone. I tried NSW, but much prefer QLD. I've never been to WA, but hear from many that it is very nice.

It does depend, of course, on what you are comparing it to, and what your expectations are.

How long have you been out here ?

What UK area are you returning to ?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Don't mean to be nosy but have you been anywhere else in Australia? Just wondering if you have considered trying a different state as they are all so different. It may be worthwhile to try somewhere else first before going back to the UK as you may find you will be able to settle somewhere else.

Hope you settle well wherever you choose.
Marie
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sponge bob
Well not long now before we return to the UK. Perth (WA) has been a great disappiontment, poor education , poor working conditions, poor housing, and believe it or not quite poor weather.
I agree with a lot of this.
Questionable education and poor housing in particular. You've actually missed quite a lot of other 'poors' also!!

However, on balance it is a great place to be for a few years - at least 5 in our case - the kids in particular have really enjoyed the outdoors life.

Your case serves to remind would be migrants of a few key points...

1. Australia is not better than the UK in many areas (and is actually worse).

2. Unless you are absolutely convinced that Australia is for you (and how many can say that from the UK?), you should make a great efforts to leave the door open for your return. Think about renting your house out.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Gawd...I dont wanna bite my tongue on this one....but even i aint that harsh!

If Australia doesnt come up to your 'Standards' then perhaps going home is the best for everyone!!

Enjoy all that you left behind and enjoy returning to the old life that for some reason you wanted to leave.

Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:47 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Sponge Bob
Your comments are reasonable enough but so are everyone else's above.
Horses for courses etc.
Australia is 80% the size of the US. Imagine the difference in States there! Even if you return to a different county in England, you may not like it.
PS: Did the airline tell you that the plane was full of returning poms? That's a bit far fetched now!
Safe journey and good luck for the future

Andrew
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Good luck to you Sponge Bob!!

However, I would say that if it was me I would have tried a different state before returning to blighty.

We are in Queensland and we have found completly the opposite to what you have found in WA. We get much more for our money in terms of housing than in the UK, the schools that my kids go to have been far superior to the schools they were in in the UK. They are far more confident and outgoing than they ever were in the UK and I don't think you can put a price on that.

We definately have not accepted second best in coming to QLD - we live a much better life over all
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:42 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

before I am slated for my views i might just add that the return flight is full and a large poportion of the people on board will also be returning back.
Sorry it didnt work out for you, I'm curious how you know that the return flight will have a large proportion moving back to the UK though?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Would just like to say, be happy with whatever you chose to do with your life. If that means UK so be it. Aus is not for everyone, but neither is the UK.

I do have to question this statement though:
My flight out here was full too I don't believe every single one was migrating. Quite possibly it was only me and mine. Therefore I don't believe that everyone on your flight back are moving back to the UK after not liking the place.

Anyway, sure you only put that bit in to wind people up. Hope the UK is everything you want it to be.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:12 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Standards are very low compared to the UK and the most used Phrase out here must be "GIVE IT TIME YOU WILL GET USED TO IT".

Some things are better than theUK but on balance we took a big step backwards comming here.

The one major disadvantage of these type of message boards are by the time most poeple have decided to return they have long since finished posting on the internet.

Anyway good luck to anyone migrating over i`m sure if you give it time you will get used to it

Hi
We are considering Perth

Can you give us some examples of things that were bad, it might help our decision.
Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

there are LOADS of people on the forum moving from oz back to the uk - you are just on the wrong sub forum, dont go to the oz one, go to the Moving Back to the UK forum.
you will see loads who agree and are doing the same as you, and those who want to know why sponge bob is leaving might want a look there too!
good luck with your move, see you in the other forum
c
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Sorry it did not work out for you and good luck back in Blighty
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:32 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Billabong said finding QLD quite liveable and not getting any urges to return.

The social worker I worked with for a full 3 days of her first working job is returning after only months in the country, think she did not give the country a chance at all. She said missing family but that eases... and are all the family rushing here cause they are missing you???
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Some things are better than the UK but on balance we took a big step backwards comming here.

Sorry to hear things have not worked out we have been here a just over a year and I have too say it can feel a little like we are going backwards.We are living in Melbourne and I think it must of grew on me cause I hated it at first now it is starting to feel like home.It may well be worth looking into trying another state and Melbourne is a very livable city to settle in at least I think so anyway
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with other posters on here who have tried other parts of Australia & found them better. We had a look at Queensland last year & thought it was a complete craphole. We moved to WA instead & love it. I can understand why some people don't like it here though. Maybe try somewhere else here first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.