Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK radiographers experience of moving to Australia

UK radiographers experience of moving to Australia

Old Apr 14th 2013, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Rad_Amy is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face UK radiographers experience of moving to Australia

New to the site, hoping to find some info on radiographers who have made the move to australia!

I qualify with a BSc (Hons) in diagnostic radiography from the UK in may 2013. My sister moves to Australia next year and I hope to follow! So i will have a year/two years experience.

Looked at visa info etc. but would love to hear how the process has been for other Rads. Also, whether others have been able to get sponsored?

Hope someone can be of help
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK radiographers experience of moving to Australia

Originally Posted by Rad_Amy
New to the site, hoping to find some info on radiographers who have made the move to australia!

I qualify with a BSc (Hons) in diagnostic radiography from the UK in may 2013. My sister moves to Australia next year and I hope to follow! So i will have a year/two years experience.

Looked at visa info etc. but would love to hear how the process has been for other Rads. Also, whether others have been able to get sponsored?

Hope someone can be of help
I know it's a basic question, but is radiographer on the list of occupations eligible for a visa?

As for sponsorship, it depends on where you want to go. If you're looking for a 457 you should apply directly to hospitals you're interested in.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Recently there was an article in the Age newspaper here in Melbourne saying that there is no shortage of radiographers in fact there are 300 looking for work in Melbourne at the present time. We are also churning them out of uni evidently.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

My new daughter-in-law, an Aussie and a radiographer would confirm there is no shortage in Oz at present.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Rad_Amy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the replies everyone. I got an email from a job vacancy saying they take on overseas radiographers and asked for my CV so fingers crossed ey can only try! x