Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Pension Transfer

UK Pension Transfer

Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Pension Transfer

Originally Posted by steve99
I just moved my 2 over from the UK after being here about 5 years, both we're personal pensions one with Standard Life one with Scottish Equittable.
I rang each of them to get an idea of value, then rang my super fund here, the fund I had was my company fund and wasnt QROPS compliant, so I opened one with them that was. I then filled out a couple of quick authority forms to enable them to deal with the UK pension companies, then they went off and did the contacting etc and both funds are now transferred and in my fund over here, the whole thing was completely painless probably took me an hour or two at most in gathering the info and calling the UK and opening the new fund. The total time from starting this all off to them being transfered over probably took around 8weeks.
I seriously would not waste money to pay someone to do this for you.
Agreed - save only that it can make sense to appoint a good financial planner in Australia to assist with the question of the fund/s in which your superannuation should be invested. That is where there should be some added value available.

Best regards.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: UK Pension Transfer

Alan is right. It is not so much the transfer process - you can do it yourself if you are patient - its more the investment monitoring. Getting the right advice on funds and regular (yes I said regular!) reviews should see your fund boosted (not only that, the extra growth will almost certainly cover your planners fees).