UK Nova

Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy UK Nova

Hi all can some one who is technicaly minded please tell me how to down load and play wanted down under. I have got it saved onto my pc but when i try to play it windows media tells me that it can't support the file or something like that. Any help would be appreciated as it's doing my head in now.
Thanks in advance
Jackie
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nova

Originally Posted by jwood
Hi all can some one who is technicaly minded please tell me how to down load and play wanted down under. I have got it saved onto my pc but when i try to play it windows media tells me that it can't support the file or something like that. Any help would be appreciated as it's doing my head in now.
Thanks in advance
Jackie
you probably need a DIVX codec. google it
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:24 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Download and install VLC. If VLC can't play it, then it's not worth watching!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:47 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jwood
Thanks in advance
Jackie
just to be certain, is this your first go at this?
have you downloaded a torrent file before? some folks don't realise that you download the torrent and then from this download the file/tv show whatever it is with the torrent file... does that make any sense?

do you have something like bittorrent, utorrent or azureus loaded on your pc?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:21 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gedge
just to be certain, is this your first go at this?
have you downloaded a torrent file before? some folks don't realise that you download the torrent and then from this download the file/tv show whatever it is with the torrent file... does that make any sense?

do you have something like bittorrent, utorrent or azureus loaded on your pc?
What's the process of transferring your downloaded TV show from the Torrent to a DVD disc?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:40 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
What's the process of transferring your downloaded TV show from the Torrent to a DVD disc?
you need an application like Nero that will create a dvd video for you
though i'm about to do my nut with Nero, it's got more bugs than an arthropodic circus act
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:40 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

though i'm about to do my nut with Nero, it's got more bugs than an arthropodic circus act

Yeh, I've got Nero, but must be having the same problem.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

itsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really nice

try to get nero 6 not 7
it works better
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even do that, I copy the file onto a DVD (or my USB drive) and play it. What does Nero do to it?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't even do that, I copy the file onto a DVD (or my USB drive) and play it. What does Nero do to it?
So what exactly do you do then mate?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

So what exactly do you do then mate?
I download the file using Azeureus, copy the AVI onto a DVD or my USB drive (I have a USB port on the front of my DVD player) and put them in the DVD player and they play. I wonder what this Nero programme does.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:42 am
Banned

I download the file using Azeureus, copy the AVI onto a DVD or my USB drive (I have a USB port on the front of my DVD player) and put them in the DVD player and they play. I wonder what this Nero programme does.
Thanks. Will have a pop using Azeureus
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:55 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

I download the file using Azeureus, copy the AVI onto a DVD or my USB drive (I have a USB port on the front of my DVD player) and put them in the DVD player and they play.
In that case your DVD Player supports DivX files, so you're one of the fortunate ones.

I wonder what this Nero programme does.
Nero creates CDs and DVDs from files you provide it with. I think somewhere in Nero there may be a program that converts media from one format to another e.g. DivX to DVD.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:59 am

Will have a pop using Azeureus
µTorrent is by far my favourite torrent client for MS Windows (not that I use Windows any more). Azeureus is supposed to be good, but you're downloading a helluva lot more to do the same job, so why bother?

Last edited by username02; Oct 30th 2007 at 9:51 am.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schwuk
µTorrent is by far my favourite torrent client for MS Windows (not that I use Windows any more). Azeureus is supposed good, but you're downloading a helluva lot more to do the same job, so why bother?
I've always used Azureus. It's all I know.