Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

uk ni contributions while living in oz

uk ni contributions while living in oz

Old Nov 25th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default uk ni contributions while living in oz

I understand that you can still pay these on permanant residency in Oz to ensure you still get uk state pension but have the leaflets from relevant dept but still dont understand wether to pay class 2 or class three, any help from some one whose done it or doing it please as we leave one week tomorrow and need to sort it out before departure
Old Nov 25th 2006, 3:19 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk ni contributions while living in oz

Originally Posted by lovealot
I understand that you can still pay these on permanant residency in Oz to ensure you still get uk state pension but have the leaflets from relevant dept but still dont understand wether to pay class 2 or class three, any help from some one whose done it or doing it please as we leave one week tomorrow and need to sort it out before departure

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...41#post4092441

read this, these folk seem knowledgeable!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Obviously you would want to pay class 2 if you can as it is so much cheaper. You have to be in full time employment to pay class 2.

My personal view is that unless you can get onto class 2 it's not worth paying (unless you need to get up to the minimum years required to receive any pension). I accept that others may have a different view and that we will only know who's correct in hindsight.

Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:00 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Lovealot,
It's explained in form ni38, do a google on it and you should find it. The contribution rate is in form GL23 - I think it's £2.10 / week.

You can wait up to 6 years, pay it monthly or weekly by Direct debit options and drawbacks as per documents describe.

We haven't sorted our's out yet and we are off next week!

I view it that the contributions I would have to make would be less than a years pension money, and who would give you that return in the financial sector!

Bye
Mark