Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Uk Housing Market - Selling Up

The Uk Housing Market - Selling Up

Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default The Uk Housing Market - Selling Up

Hi all,

Were just about to put the house up for sale only to hear all the scare mongering the bank of england seems to be doing its best to kill the housing market.

I'm now terrified we'll be stuck here and not able to sell.

Anyone else just started the selling process, have you had much interest?.

very worried!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:45 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

YES!!!!!!!!:scared:

The estate agent will be here in 15 minutes to value the house (which by the way was only built in Feb...what will the neighbours think!)

GOOD LUCK!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi
We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago - the estate agent says that the scare mongering will not affect first time buyers properties as much but anything over £200,000 seems to be sticking - he said that he has so many 4 bedroom houses on the market at the moment that people can afford to be choosey & as such you need to price yours to sell!!! Just our luck eh? We have decided to leave it on at the price until the end of June & maybe re-look at the situation then!

Good luck
pockygoes
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

I suppose if people need to relocate for work purposes etc, you have to move regardless of the market.
Ours is a newish small 3 bed semi valued at £147K.
Hopefully some buyers still around?

Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

There has been a lot of posts regarding house sales quite recently.
We wnet on the market on 01/05/04, and sold this week. I know that scutter sold within hours of going on a couple of weeks ago, so it is not all doom and gloom!!!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:22 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Uk Housing Market - Selling Up

Mine went on the market 2 weeks ago and is a 2 bed mid town house a prime first time buy. There have been 4 others of the same type for sale since the new year which have all sold in a matter of days. We have had 3 viewings in those 2 weeks but no offers the estate agents have told us it has slowed down since he uttered those few words.

All we can do is sit and wait.

TT

Originally posted by 65 million
Hi all,

Were just about to put the house up for sale only to hear all the scare mongering the bank of england seems to be doing its best to kill the housing market.

very worried!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

very worried!
Hi

We are selling our house and have a buyer, I have a long story for another day.

I spoke to our agent yesterday and she informed me that previous comments, especially the one from the Bank of England, have slowed the market down a bit. She did tell me that in a couple of weeks it will all be forgotten about and things will move again.

Not to sure about that thou, where I live there is a glut of houses on the market. House in our street up for sale 2 weeks and only 2 viewings. When our house went up in April we had 2 viewings first weekend and had 2 offers. Def a shortage of buyers where I live.

Good luck with yours.

Walla
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:34 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

We wont be putting our home on the market till the end of next year. Just hope the market is still boyant then.

Had a valuation just last week for £475,000 which was better than we expected so if the market drops and we get £400,000 we will still be happy.

Rob

Hi all,

very worried!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

We put ours on the market last week, we had 2 viewers even before the details were typed up, one has been back for a second viewing and has stated they'd like to make an offer asap. Sticking point ? they haven't sold their house yet.

Our house is priced above the £200k mark and so I wouldn't worry too much at whatever level you're at. As always I suppose it will come down to whether you're in an area that is in demand.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:46 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I do not think that the market will change that much over the next couple of years.

Originally posted by jerzy
We put ours on the market last week, we had 2 viewers even before the details were typed up, one has been back for a second viewing and has stated they'd like to make an offer asap. Sticking point ? they haven't sold their house yet.

Our house is priced above the £200k mark and so I wouldn't worry too much at whatever level you're at. As always I suppose it will come down to whether you're in an area that is in demand.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:55 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I do not think that the market will change that much over the next couple of years.
Hi

Don't think there will be a downturn, prices will just level off. Ours is one of those £200k houses that some people are finding hard to get rid so we are lucky in that repect

It's a bit of a nightmare thou when you need the house sold to finance your new life in Oz. Never been a good saver but am an excellent spender!!

Walla
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:20 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Walla,

When you get into a certian property band, then it does gets a little harder to sell

Rob

Originally posted by walla1
Hi

Don't think there will be a downturn, prices will just level off. Ours is one of those £200k houses that some people are finding hard to get rid so we are lucky in that repect

It's a bit of a nightmare thou when you need the house sold to finance your new life in Oz. Never been a good saver but am an excellent spender!!

Walla
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:38 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Walla,

When you get into a certian property band, then it does gets a little harder to sell

Rob

We bought our very first flat in 1988 and at the time I think the interest rate was 17 % and our mortgage was around the £800 mark at one stage for a £60k one bed flat, the house prices are higher than 15 years ago but the interest rate is a lot lower so there are buyers out there, just a bit more choosy and have more to look at, we sold our house twice, first within two weeks (who dropped out) and second time within 10 days so there is hope its not all doom and gloom out there at the moment, good luck when you come to sell yours.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for some time now but this is my first post. We are off to Adelaide in September and we have just sold our house. It was sold in 1 week, we had 2 offers and plenty viewers. We just have to wait to sign the missives, and have an entry date of 20th August, 2 weeks before we go.

Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pockygoes
Hi
We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago - the estate agent says that the scare mongering will not affect first time buyers properties as much but anything over £200,000 seems to be sticking - he said that he has so many 4 bedroom houses on the market at the moment that people can afford to be choosey & as such you need to price yours to sell!!! Just our luck eh? We have decided to leave it on at the price until the end of June & maybe re-look at the situation then!

Good luck
pockygoes
Ours went on the market last Monday, valued at £225 but in view of general opinion we went with £217 ( 4 bed detached!). It sold within 24 hours to some-one who had sold the week before. Chain all in place, draft contract drawn up already this week-snag? We have not even had our med request yet!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.