Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Forklift License?

UK Forklift License?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough
Default UK Forklift License?

I need some advice please.....I have a forklift license up to 15tonne and also a valmet high reach truck license. Can I use these in Oz or do I have to sit a test to obtain a new license? If so, who do I need to contact to get them changed.
Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Forklift License?

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
I need some advice please.....I have a forklift license up to 15tonne and also a valmet high reach truck license. Can I use these in Oz or do I have to sit a test to obtain a new license? If so, who do I need to contact to get them changed.
Thanks
Hi,
My Aussie FLT licences are not recognised in the UK.
I had to re-sit them here.
I would assume you might have to do the same in Aus.
Cheers,
Dennis
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:34 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Do to the new laws you will need to sit it again. Have a look on the Worksafe website. It needs to have been sat in Aus or NZ to be legal here. In the last 6-9 months there has been a big crackdown on licenses and they need to be relatively recent.

I have all the info at work I'll have a look in the next few days and let you know.

LJJ
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:40 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know where you are based but for example we use this RTO at work (Melbourne) http://www.holmesglen.vic.edu.au/cou...sionID=ISD5684

They do have a 'recognition of prior learning' which will fast-track your application but you would be better off talking to them as this can be a OHS minefield.

Good Luck,

LJJ
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:07 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Thanks
Seeing the old licences that have been issued in Qld are not worth a cracker, I can't see how they will recognise on from another country. http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace...aper/index.htm This is for tickets issued in Qld/Australia, prior to the issuing of hardcard tickets. You will have to get a new one.