Reload this Page >

UK Debt affect Visa?

UK Debt affect Visa?

Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

LauraMunroBruce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Debt affect Visa?

Just a quick question,
When I left the UK my friend lent me some money to go travelling which I had been paying back until recently.
Just this morning I received a threatening email from him saying that he had received no money, his parents were going to get involved, whos lawyers 'knew people' that worked in the Australian embassy in London. He says he has also found out about other debt that I have. A personal loan (which is being paid back but a few missed payments) and 'store card debt' which I know nothing about. He says if I don't pay back his money he will present all his 'evidence' to his parents lawyers who will show it to the people they know at immigration and I will never get another visa even through marriage.
Can he really do this? I have a small suspicion that he's just bluffing but I have no idea if any debt I owe will affect applying for a visa (student/ defacto further down the line)
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Debt affect Visa?

Originally Posted by LauraMunroBruce
Just a quick question,
Just this morning I received a threatening email from him saying that he had received no money, his parents were going to get involved, whos lawyers 'knew people' that worked in the Australian embassy in London. He says he has also found out about other debt that I have. A personal loan (which is being paid back but a few missed payments) and 'store card debt' which I know nothing about. He says if I don't pay back his money he will present all his 'evidence' to his parents lawyers who will show it to the people they know at immigration and I will never get another visa even through marriage.
Absolute bullshit - would have no effect on your visa. Also the emails may be bordering on harassment and threats and even blackmail by the sound of it. If it keeps going go to the coppers.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question,
When I left the UK my friend lent me some money to go travelling which I had been paying back until recently.
Can he really do this? I have a small suspicion that he's just bluffing but I have no idea if any debt I owe will affect applying for a visa (student/ defacto further down the line)
Relax, you are completely safe. The only thing that you may need to consider is if its possible that the money you've been sending him really didn't reach him. If it turns out he's just pulling a fast one then dump him because he isn't a friend any more. But rest assured that your visa is absolutely secure.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

LauraMunroBruce is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou guys,
I have a vague feeling that he has received the money, spent it and told his parents he didn't receive it from me, not realising how seriously they'd take it. But I have receipt numbers from money I transfered to the UK so i can show them if it goes any further, and also evidence from facebook to show that he's been spending lots of money so I suppose I am safe but obviously I just had an initial feeling of panic as I have missed a few payments on my loan.
Thanks again for calming my nerves!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

As everyone else has said, complete bull.

Don’t stress about it, and seeing as he is the one claiming that people at the Australian Embassy in London can do favours for him, and that he found out about your other personal loan (which is against the data protection act) it sounds like it will be him needing the lawyers if he keeps it up.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t stress about it, and seeing as he is the one claiming that people at the Australian Embassy in London can do favours for him, and that he found out about your other personal loan (which is against the data protection act) it sounds like it will be him needing the lawyers if he keeps it up.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, I wouldn't be claiming to know "people who know people" that is a sure way to end up in the s**t
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Contact his parents direct with proof of the loan repayments you have made and a copy of the threatening email he has sent...... I expect he will get a real ear bashing.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Contact his parents direct with proof of the loan repayments you have made and a copy of the threatening email he has sent...... I expect he will get a real ear bashing.
Agreed. Hopefully it will stop the threatening messages. Doesn't matter how innocent you are, letters and emails like that would freak anyone out.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

And he's a friend???
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
And he's a friend???
Some people have strange friends..........only when you have a truly loyal one do you realise how fickle some of the others have been over the years.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Some people have strange friends..........only when you have a truly loyal one do you realise how fickle some of the others have been over the years.
So true Polly!Good to see you posting xxx
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:43 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah so true.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:41 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question,
Pay your debts - problem solved.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah agree with Wargod here. Everyone seems to have forgotten you've skanked you're friend here, What kind of person are you? Its one thing to skank the card companies but quite another to skank friends. Why don't you just stop being a moaning g1t coming crying on here and pay him back.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by itxrd
Yeah agree with Wargod here. Everyone seems to have forgotten you've skanked you're friend here, What kind of person are you? Its one thing to skank the card companies but quite another to skank friends. Why don't you just stop being a moaning g1t coming crying on here and pay him back.
Read the initial post idiot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.