Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The UK CSA in Australia

The UK CSA in Australia

Old May 5th 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The UK CSA in Australia

i know this has probably been asked before ... but does the UK version of the CSA have any hold over UK migrants to Australia who work for an Australian company ?

and please no judgments over me, as no one here knows my situation, just the facts or experiences if anyone has them. thanks
Old May 5th 2006, 12:52 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK CSA in Australia

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
i know this has probably been asked before ... but does the UK version of the CSA have any hold over UK migrants to Australia who work for an Australian company ?
The UK CSA will have no hold over you once you live in Australia. It doesn't matter who you work for: in order for maintenance payments to be enforcable by the CSA (UK), you have to live in the UK.

BUT - your ex can apply to the CSA in Australia (they have one as well) and they *can* set up maintenance orders.

Have a look at this thread, especially post no 12 by "neal":
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357896

Gina
Old May 5th 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GinaUK
The UK CSA will have no hold over you once you live in Australia. It doesn't matter who you work for: in order for maintenance payments to be enforcable by the CSA (UK), you have to live in the UK.

BUT - your ex can apply to the CSA in Australia (they have one as well) and they *can* set up maintenance orders.

Have a look at this thread, especially post no 12 by "neal":
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357896

Gina
When we left the UK in Dec 2004 we were told (as OH rang them from the airport with a forwarding address) that we were no longer undder their durastraiction.

Although after years and years of dealing with them, they frequently change their minds, and the left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing. etc.

I wouldn't trust them one bit, but I would wait to see what happens in our case nothing.

We suffered years and years of dreading the brown envelope throught the letterbox, even their teminolgy is offensive to the 'absent parent'.

I hate the UK CSA
Old May 7th 2006, 9:27 am
homegrownbabe

illingworth1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
When we left the UK in Dec 2004 we were told (as OH rang them from the airport with a forwarding address) that we were no longer undder their durastraiction.

Although after years and years of dealing with them, they frequently change their minds, and the left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing. etc.

I wouldn't trust them one bit, but I would wait to see what happens in our case nothing.

We suffered years and years of dreading the brown envelope throught the letterbox, even their teminolgy is offensive to the 'absent parent'.

I hate the UK CSA
not sure about that way round only know that the Oz CSA would have made us make payments through UK CSA if my husband had renaged ... they told us they have a reciprocal thing and would 'find' my husband if he didnt make his Ex payments privately or through them...I think all CSA's seem to be worst run agencies in world we get a different answer to everything every time we call them...and they say one thing to his ex and another to us -all very frustrating!