Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK child Benefits

UK child Benefits

Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK child Benefits

Uk child benefits when do i tell them i'm going i.e family allowance, child tax credit.

What happens if they owe me money or i owe them money? Read a thread awhile back (can't find it) someone had so many problems getting the money that was owed to them from the child tax credit.

Was it all straight forward or was it a nightmare ?.

Stacey xx
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:41 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK child Benefits

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Uk child benefits when do i tell them i'm going i.e family allowance, child tax credit.

What happens if they owe me money or i owe them money? Read a thread awhile back (can't find it) someone had so many problems getting the money that was owed to them from the child tax credit.

Stacey xx
Tell them early and duplicate the letters!!
I told them in November (in writing) that I was off in January. They wrote thanking me for telling them about my changing circumstances and told me what our new child family tax credits would be.
They wrote this week saying they want back the £421 they have paid since January as they have made a mistake!

Neil.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:06 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

yes, definitely tell them and tell them again. I firmly believe they don't know what they are doing (tax credits) Every couple of weeks we get another letter revising our payments and asking us to confirm details we've already given them, which they invariably enter incorrectly into the computer. So maybe put the money in another account and then when they ask for some back it will be waiting. I have no confidence in it at all so I'm not spending a penny until next year.

The Australian system is a lot better. They give you various options for claiming your money and one is as a lump sum at the end of the financial year. Handy if your income is likely to vary.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx
I have only just informed them that we are leaving - all online at:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/index.htm

fairly straight forward, ours was only child benefit to sort out

if you are in the UK the address DSS, Child Benefit Centre (Washington), PO Box 1, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE88 1AA.

or you may be better off speaking to someone personally: 0845 302 1444
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:39 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Stacey xx
We notified the Child Benefit Office through the on-line form about a month before we left the UK. They acknowledged the notification, and CHB was paid up to and including the time we left.

Child Tax Credits had to be informed after the event, so we wrote and notified them once we were here. Seems daft, but they explained that their computer simply couldn't cope with having the information before-hand! We have recently received another form to complete to ensure that the money they paid us up until the time we left was correct, but it appears that they did get it right.

It isn't a problem as long as you give them time to deal with it and provide as much information as you can - full names, national insurance numbers, reference numbers, dates etc.. You've got to hold their hands a bit, but they get there in the end!

HTH.

Sue
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the difference between child tax credit and child benefit. Not sure which one im getting?

Stacey xx
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the difference between child tax credit and child benefit. Not sure which one im getting?

Stacey xx
child benefit is paid irrespective of your earnings. Tax credits are dependent on income.

I filled in the online form for child benefit but had to ring the tax credit people. Did that yesterday at 6pm ( they open until 7pm seven days a week) and the guy filled in some form and said he had to send it off and then someone will ring me.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stacey xx

Just gone through all my paper work if i'm right Child benefit is what i call Family Allowance and Child tax credit is the annoying one that i get constant letters from about how much me and the OH are earning. I phoned the annoying one up and explained that we were hoping to emigrate at the end of October. He told me to phone back with an exact date of when i'm leaving and a forwarding address.

Forgot to ask if the forwarding address could be a family member in the UK.

Stacey xx
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
child benefit is paid irrespective of your earnings. Tax credits are dependent on income.

I filled in the online form for child benefit but had to ring the tax credit people. Did that yesterday at 6pm ( they open until 7pm seven days a week) and the guy filled in some form and said he had to send it off and then someone will ring me.

Thanks Ohippy get so confused now they have brought out all these different benefits.

Stacey xx
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just gone through all my paper work if i'm right Child benefit is what i call Family Allowance and Child tax credit is the annoying one that i get constant letters from about how much me and the OH are earning. I phoned the annoying one up and explained that we were hoping to emigrate at the end of October. He told me to phone back with an exact date of when i'm leaving and a forwarding address.

Forgot to ask if the forwarding address could be a family member in the UK.

Stacey xx
I didn't need to give a forwarding address as I rang early enough to sort out (hopefully as they'll have no chance of contacting me after)
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

You wouldn't believe how many people in OZ still claiming UK allowance.
I sometimes wonder who the idiot is me or them.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I know people here in Oz still claiming UK child allowance, or whatever it's called. Have been for years. The UK beurocracy is so inept they'll get away with it too.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I know people here in Oz still claiming UK child allowance, or whatever it's called. Have been for years. The UK beurocracy is so inept they'll get away with it too.
And people from the UK bitch about immigrants 'taking' all the benefits. Government benefits are a not a right & taking them when you are not entitled to them is theft, plain & simple.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Same here, then they get the lot from centerlink too Dont know how long for tho, centerlink seem very good at checking up on people.

Bloody immigrants
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey,

I just wrote to them at the child benefit office and told them we are leaving.....we are not in reciept of the tax credits etc so I'm not sure how that works...
Tanya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.