Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From UK to Brisbane..

From UK to Brisbane..

Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

surf0120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From UK to Brisbane..

hi all just got our visas . we are looking in to moving to scarborough in queensland looks very nice . I am a solid plasterer for 23years could anyone tell me what the work situation is like over there and also how many $ this would pay ty
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by surf0120
hi all just got our visas . we are looking in to moving to scarborough in queensland looks very nice . I am a solid plasterer for 23years could anyone tell me what the work situation is like over there and also how many $ this would pay ty
sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between a solid and non solid plasterer?
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

If you are a good tradie with a good work ethic you will always get plenty of work.
We live in Redcliffe, next suburb to Scarborough, the Peninsula is fairly small and it's easy to get a good (or bad ) reputation.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Icecube
sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between a solid and non solid plasterer?
Hi, Not to bore you too much, the differences between a solid and a non-solid plasterer are the solid plasterer can do internal and external work e.g all renders and all solid background walls. Non-solid plasterers just plasterboard and skim or tape and joint. Hope this helps!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: From UK to Brisbane..

Originally Posted by JAMFC
If you are a good tradie with a good work ethic you will always get plenty of work.
We live in Redcliffe, next suburb to Scarborough, the Peninsula is fairly small and it's easy to get a good (or bad ) reputation.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Could you let me know of any local newspapers please so I can have a nosey at the jobs? Redcliffe looks a nice place aswell. Thanks for the pic of the rental. There is only 3 of us so a bit big for us but grateful for any advice and help.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Could you let me know of any local newspapers please so I can have a nosey at the jobs? Redcliffe looks a nice place aswell. Thanks for the pic of the rental. There is only 3 of us so a bit big for us but grateful for any advice and help.
Hi, our local paper is only small, (comes out each Wednseday) doesn't have many jobs: http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton

The main Courier Mail for the Brisbane area has a big job section on Saturdays.

Most people I know looking for work use seek.com.au

Hope that helps....

BTW, my husband is originally from Oldham!!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAMFC
Hi, our local paper is only small, (comes out each Wednseday) doesn't have many jobs: http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton

The main Courier Mail for the Brisbane area has a big job section on Saturdays.

Most people I know looking for work use seek.com.au

Hope that helps....

BTW, my husband is originally from Oldham!!
Thanks for that will have good look .lol your husbands from Oldham thats just down the road from us about 10 mins drive .how long have you both been there? and do you think of oz as your home now?