Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From UK to Brisbane..

From UK to Brisbane..

Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From UK to Brisbane..

Originally Posted by ldticp
Looks like they are going to offer me somewhere around $70k on a 457 visa they also said I would be offered LAFHA. Does this sound at all feasable? They also said super would come out of the $70k

My own investigations into 457 and LAFHA suggest that after the portion of salary put aside for LAFHA the minimum salary would have to be $61k meaning a LAFHA portion of less than $9k which doesnt sound great at all. Oh I am an IT professional btw

Any advice?
Super would come out of the $70,000? So the salary is $63,700? (excluding 9% super)

Remember the super is not part of your actual salary but an employer obligation paid separately to a super fund.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ldticp
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/...s-457-visa.pdf

$61920 for ICT as a minimum after LAFHA

The TSMIT has no bearing on what the Subclass 457 visa holder should be paid in the workplace and should not be considered as the applicable market salary rate where the sponsor does not currently employ an equivalent Australian citizen or permanent resident. It is the market salary rate for the nominated occupation, not the nominated worker’s proposed salary, which is compared to the TSMIT.

Basically I think this is saying it's not about the salary of the individual, but what the market rate is for the occupation.

However I do keep reading different things??

My case for example:

Food allowance $15,236 (293*52)
Accommodation $26,000 (500*52)
Super $7,018
Base Salary $ 36,746
Total value of package $85,000

I believe after lots of investigation that this is acceptable.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

nurseval is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Read this before you accept any offer:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Corpor...tion-Australia
This is very helpful site, would this include being sponsored with a job offer with a hospital in Australia?
Am i able to ask of these things or is it that I just accept the offer and make my way?
I am currently with an agency here in UK who are helping me with forms to fill in and finding me a job offer..?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:18 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurseval
This is very helpful site, would this include being sponsored with a job offer with a hospital in Australia?
Am i able to ask of these things or is it that I just accept the offer and make my way?
I am currently with an agency here in UK who are helping me with forms to fill in and finding me a job offer..?
Why are you using an agency ??
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

The Agency are very good in helping me with the application forms, visas, etc.. and the long run is that they are helping me with finding a hospital that can sponsor me with a job offer..

Oh I am getting rather confused with these LAFHA (which I managed to look up) but there are other abreviations that I am not sure off?
What is Super?
ABS, ACT, MSL ATO
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:30 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Agency are very good in helping me with the application forms, visas, etc.. and the long run is that they are helping me with finding a hospital that can sponsor me with a job offer..

Oh I am getting rather confused with these LAFHA (which I managed to look up) but there are other abreviations that I am not sure off?
What is Super?
ABS, ACT, MSL ATO
Ok fair enough.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What is Super?
ABS, ACT, MSL ATO
Super is superannuation - like private pension schemes in the UK. Don't understand them enough to explain more than that but if you browse the forum there are loads of threads on it

The abbreviations may mean more than one thing but ABS could be Australian Bureau of Statistics, ACT is Australian Capital Territory (Canberra and surrounds), ATO is the Australian Tax Office and MSL is Mean Sea Level......but that might well be something else as well cos I can't think what that has to do with nursing
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Alienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant futureAlienfeet has a brilliant future

I think MSL = Minimum Salary Level
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alienfeet
I think MSL = Minimum Salary Level
Sounds reasonable
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Think I will have to get a note book out for abbreviations of OZ; feels like I am back to studying nursing again hehe

Thank you guys soo helpful
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:28 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it could be that, I know that what I read stated that the average wage for a man now was $65,000 as possible overtime and bonuses or whatever vary from job to job obviously. Of course the median wage is a more accurate figure.

Originally Posted by fish.01
The average for men and womens ordinary full/time earnings is $67,147 (excluding overtime/bonuses) Chris so maybe you are thinking about that.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:36 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

The TSMIT has no bearing on what the Subclass 457 visa holder should be paid in the workplace and should not be considered as the applicable market salary rate where the sponsor does not currently employ an equivalent Australian citizen or permanent resident. It is the market salary rate for the nominated occupation, not the nominated worker’s proposed salary, which is compared to the TSMIT.

Basically I think this is saying it's not about the salary of the individual, but what the market rate is for the occupation.

However I do keep reading different things??

My case for example:

Food allowance $15,236 (293*52)
Accommodation $26,000 (500*52)
Super $7,018
Base Salary $ 36,746
Total value of package $85,000

I believe after lots of investigation that this is acceptable.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You can NOT go below the MSL, your base salary according to your calculations is 36,746. You will have to reduce your LAFHA allowance to ensure you stay ABOVE the MSL. The only contention here is what MSL will apply.

In fact, forget about LAFHA, what is the salary that they have offered you? Then we can give you more accurate figures.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

$85k including super
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:54 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

$85k including super
sorry to be pedantic, do you mean including Super as in Inclusive, or, in addition to?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:01 am
Social Grenade Thrower

$85k including super
Ok, cool. So take off your Super than the difference between what you have left and the MSL is what you can claim in LAFHA. It will still help and improve your take home pay.

Use this generic calculator I have attached to work out what you will have in your hand. For arguments sake, use 47k as your MSL so ensure that this remains as your taxable figure. I have adjusted it for your salary Inclusive of Super. All you will need to do is adjust your LAFHA amounts to make it all end up above 47K. It is a good indication of your 'take home' net pay.

Hope it helps!
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.