Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to Australia Removals

UK to Australia Removals

Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default UK to Australia Removals

We moved over to Sydney in January and would recommend John Mason International Removals to anyone heading over. Not a single item of breakage (other than the glass vase I dropped on the floor, when we arrived here!). Very professional at both ends and even erected our furniture in Sydney, and removed all packaging on completion.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

deborahjg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to Australia Removals

We are heading back to Perth in April.. We use Movecorp as they are tons cheaper than all the big names. They actually use Crown from here and Chess over in Oz.

Check their prices before you book with anyone else.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
We moved over to Sydney in January and would recommend John Mason International Removals to anyone heading over. Not a single item of breakage (other than the glass vase I dropped on the floor, when we arrived here!). Very professional at both ends and even erected our furniture in Sydney, and removed all packaging on completion.
Sorry to hear of your vase, at least you are not the only one to drop something that has safely made it halfway round the world. I did the same thing with a wine glass!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown, all very good, bar the 2 items I specified to the packer to take care of (small 1950 Gunness figures) arrived not wrapped and in the bottom of a box, thankfully neither was broken though not sure how. Got a very good price from there and everything else was well packaged.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Agree.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Agree.
GB Liners are also great no breakages and v reasonably priced!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Used Robinsons - I found their UK end to be very good. Our shipment has arrived and Aussie customs are slow, very slow. The Aussie end is OK but a different company. One complaint I can make about Robinsons they can be slow at the UK end. Ours sat somewhere in the UK for 3 weeks until it went on the boat. But that has suited out timeframe nicely. Not seen the quality of the goods yet.