Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to Australia flight with Bali stop over

UK to Australia flight with Bali stop over

Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK to Australia flight with Bali stop over

Hi all I haven't posted for a while as we have been panicking over our house sale going wrong. However we have just had a phone call from the estate agents to tell us that we should exchange the end of this week.

So now my attention has turned to flights. We want to have a holiday in Bali before we get to Australia as I will start work at the end of August.

So can anyone point me to any Bali stopover deals they know about.

Thanks people
Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Australia flight with Bali stop over

Have a look at KLM on the Europe - Australia flights the usually have a stop over in Indonesia and have deals included to Bali, so have a look at them, as far as I remember the UK - Amsterdam - Indonesia was KLM plane and the Indonesia - Australia leg was a KLM flight but operated by Garuda Indonesia.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
Hi all I haven't posted for a while as we have been panicking over our house sale going wrong. However we have just had a phone call from the estate agents to tell us that we should exchange the end of this week.

So now my attention has turned to flights. We want to have a holiday in Bali before we get to Australia as I will start work at the end of August.

Thanks people
You could get a flight to Singapore and then get Jetstar who fly Singapore-Bali-Australia, might be a lot cheaper too. I'm sure you could get some good online deals on a Singapore website like zuji
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:56 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks people
Only a thought but Bali is to Australia what the Costa Del Sol or The Canaries are to the UK so you're likely to have lots of opportunities to easily visit Bali once you're here. Why not consider a stop over closer to the UK end that you haven't yet done? Istanbul or Greek island hopping from Athens perhaps? Or even take a stop over in South Africa?

Good luck with your move
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Only a thought but Bali is to Australia what the Costa Del Sol or The Canaries are to the UK so you're likely to have lots of opportunities to easily visit Bali once you're here. Why not consider a stop over closer to the UK end that you haven't yet done? Istanbul or Greek island hopping from Athens perhaps? Or even take a stop over in South Africa?

Good luck with your move
That's what I was thinking too, going to Bali is commonplace, certainly here in Perth. How about the Mauritius, the Seychelles or the Maldives?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:13 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
That's what I was thinking too, going to Bali is commonplace, certainly here in Perth. How about the Mauritius, the Seychelles or the Maldives?
oh yes!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
and there are direct flights from Mauritius to Australia
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:29 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

And Reunion Island if your going to Sydney!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:05 am
Just Joined

MikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really nice

If you can fly from Stanstead UK then Use AirAsia to KL-BALI-OZ. You can use a combination of Jet Star Air too, to get you to OZ.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for all the replies. I have contacted KLM and I am waiting for a reply. I did fine a site call crystal travel and I found a price of £4623 which I though was going in the right direction (there are six of us 4 children )

As to Air Asia has anyone used them it seems a long way to go if you have to buy everything on the plane.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

MikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really nice

Yes flown with Air Asia three times now and they are great, great service and meals are priced on the website and not expensive at all. Lots of leg room too. I too would avoid Bali and especially the tourist areas its really polluted, hoards of traffic everywhere and in the tourist places the beaches are horrid, but I guess youv'e got to see for yourself. As a little girl I always dreamed of Bali being this idilic tranquil island and its far from that.
it is great for shopping, going on retreats and meditating etc but that's it IMO
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the info on Air Asia.

As to Bali I really like it there once you get out of the kuta area there are some great places, but I guess its horses for courses. Also we have friends there we want to visit.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the house sale Edie!
As you know, we did the stopover in Bali in 2008! I spent ages researching the flights & the cheapest way to do it then was to book the different legs of the journey separately.
very glad to hear that you are finally on your way back over. Where are you hading to this time?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Sally how are you? eve209 says hello too.

We are heading for Busselton which is on Geographe Bay WA. I have a job with the local Council which starts at the end of August. How is you move working out?

I have been researching this flight for days now and there seems to be an ideal time in August to take it, if you miss these days the price can vary by nearly £5k
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:36 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sally how are you? eve209 says hello too.

We are heading for Busselton which is on Geographe Bay WA. I have a job with the local Council which starts at the end of August. How is you move working out?

I have been researching this flight for days now and there seems to be an ideal time in August to take it, if you miss these days the price can vary by nearly £5k
Hey, just thought I'd mention, I lived in Busso ( Busselton) for nearly a decade so any questions, feel free to ask!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.