Reload this Page >

UK ACRO Police Certificates: No Trace or No Live Trace

UK ACRO Police Certificates: No Trace or No Live Trace

Old Jun 5th 2019, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

surely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK ACRO Police Certificates: No Trace or No Live Trace

Hello,

I was once arrested and charged for domestic violence, but found not guilty a couple of years ago.

Given that I didn't receive any warnings, cautions, reprimands, or convictions, should I get "No Trace" in the ACRO Police Certificates?

Or, should arrest and charge itself (although found not guilty) result in "No Live Trace" instead of "No Trace"?

It seems there are confounding stories, and any experiences or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by surely; Jun 5th 2019 at 2:13 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 2:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK ACRO Police Certificates: No Trace or No Live Trace

You should get ‘No Trace’.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much BritInParis for your prompt reply.

I guess then there is no point to say "no" to the question in the ACRO Police Certificate application: "Have you ever been arrested, cautioned, warned,....".
I was at some point thinking to answer "no" to this question because in case there is no record / the record has been deleted after found not guilty, answering "yes" could mess up my Police Certificate I thought.

However, if answering "yes" to the question already gives "No Trace", there's no need to considering "no" to the question.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 8:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surely

I guess then there is no point to say "no" to the question in the ACRO Police Certificate application: "Have you ever been arrested, cautioned, warned,....".
I was at some point thinking to answer "no" to this question because in case there is no record / the record has been deleted after found not guilty, answering "yes" could mess up my Police Certificate I thought.

However, if answering "yes" to the question already gives "No Trace", there's no need to considering "no" to the question.

You were arrested so you should answer yes.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just be truthful - not being so could come back and bite you further down the track
Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Advice from one who spent many years doing UK police checks for immigration - Answering Yes on the application will not affect what is printed on the final certificate. It just means they have a better idea what they are looking for. If the arrest appears on the certificate as being discontinued or whatever, that would happen regardless of what you fill in on the application form. We akways used the response of yes/no as merely a guide to how honest people were, never mattered one whit as far as the checks that were and are carried out, they are a standard process.

You should just answer honestly, both on the ACRO form and on any visa paperwork, as being dishonest is frowned on as much as many offences are and can lead to serious trouple later.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Advice from one who spent many years doing UK police checks for immigration - Answering Yes on the application will not affect what is printed on the final certificate. It just means they have a better idea what they are looking for. If the arrest appears on the certificate as being discontinued or whatever, that would happen regardless of what you fill in on the application form. We akways used the response of yes/no as merely a guide to how honest people were, never mattered one whit as far as the checks that were and are carried out, they are a standard process.

You should just answer honestly, both on the ACRO form and on any visa paperwork, as being dishonest is frowned on as much as many offences are and can lead to serious trouple later.
Can I just point out, the poster did not commit an offence.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Beoz
It wasn’t suggested he did.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much everyone for your replies. They are all very helpful. I will answer all questions honestly as they are. Thank you.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It wasn’t suggested he did.
Just making sure.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I did not suggest he had committed an offence He was talking about an arrest. If the form asks about arrests they should be declared, along with the outcome.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I did not suggest he had committed an offence He was talking about an arrest. If the form asks about arrests they should be declared, along with the outcome.
I know.