Ugly Australians

Wikiposts

Ugly Australians

Old May 26th 2003, 8:06 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ugly Australians

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not looks but still a nice insight to what an Aussie is ?

Alison Broinowski (Insight, 24/5) argues that the international reputation of Australians as boors may have been a factor in the Bali bombing. Whether this is true or not, every time I've been to Asia the behaviour of one or two Australians has made me cringe - like the middle-aged man who boarded my flight in Kuala Lumpur wearing his AFL-approved footy shorts and exhibited football crowd demeanour all the way back to Melbourne.

Then, at Tullamarine, while waiting for luggage, no one could avoid overhearing a long monologue from an Australian man in which every sentence contained an expletive. He wasn't drunk or angry, he'd simply found a friend and was telling him about his holiday - oblivious that he was in an international airport and standing two metres from a Muslim woman.

Finally, just the other day I heard an Australian man casually refer to an Asian shop assistant (within her earshot) as a "dim sim" - and he actually wasn't trying to insult her.

Guy Coape-Smith, Kew

Right that's it! There's no way I'm moving to a country that allows loud-mouthed people wearing football shirts/shorts to roam the streets.........................doh!
Old May 26th 2003, 8:08 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by queenie
Not heard this comment about East Timor before, but I thought the bombers were from Java.

Which is the worse behaviour Aussie or Essex? Essex would get the gold medal but Australia would get both the silver and bronze.

Where are you heading to PB? always enjoy your posts. Be sure to post when you find Eden.

Queenie
So which mud do you like slinging around best...

...the generalised insults...or the insulting generalisations...

No matter...you and PB would appear to make a perfect couple...not your love child is it???....

By the way where are you from???

...just so we can sling some back...make it bit fairer...

Don't you think???...
Old May 26th 2003, 8:11 pm
Not here

Originally posted by Houdini
Right that's it! There's no way I'm moving to a country that allows loud-mouthed people wearing football shirts/shorts to roam the streets.........................doh!
Dear Houdini,

You are so far out of touch, it is not funny. There are only annoying people in:

(1) Australia, and
(2) Essex.

You have been warned.

Yours etc.

TPBDATROTTGS

PS. My sources assure me they have meet ALL the people of Essex and ALL the people of Australia, otherwise how on Earth would they have formulated their in-depth critical analysis of these peoples?

Last edited by Florida_03; May 26th 2003 at 8:15 pm.
Old May 26th 2003, 8:20 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Florida_03
Dear Houdini,

You are so far out of touch, it is not funny. There are only annoying people in:

(1) Australia, and
(2) Essex.

You have been warned.

Yours etc.

TPBDATROTTGS

PS. My sources assure me they have meet ALL the people of Essex and ALL the people of Australia, otherwise how on Earth would they have formulated their in-depth critical analysis of these peoples?
Cool - that's me sorted for life then - I live in Essex and I'm heading for Australia, and my wife thinks I'm an annoying bastard...sometimes.
Old May 26th 2003, 8:41 pm
Not here

...worse behaviour Aussie or Essex? Essex would get the gold medal but Australia would get both the silver and bronze.

Where are you heading to PB? always enjoy your posts. Be sure to post when you find Eden as all kinky proposals will be gladly entertained.

Queenie
C'mon PB groupie...where do you hail from???

...or is sling then slink???...weak as....
Old May 27th 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Florida_03
C'mon PB groupie...where do you hail from???

...or is sling then slink???...weak as....

Give me a chance to answer, I do have other things to do.

Officially I am an Aussie so I think I have a right to insult myself. Having lived in Essex and many other parts of the UK for many years, I have found the worse behaviour there.

Don't be insulted by this, be proud, you will indeed make a great Australian.

I enjoy PB's posts, but rarely agree with them, simply food for thought.

Queenie

Last edited by queenie; May 27th 2003 at 10:43 am.
Old May 28th 2003, 12:14 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a chance to answer, I do have other things to do.

Officially I am an Aussie so I think I have a right to insult myself. Having lived in Essex and many other parts of the UK for many years, I have found the worse behaviour there.

Don't be insulted by this, be proud, you will indeed make a great Australian.

I enjoy PB's posts, but rarely agree with them, simply food for thought.

Queenie

Let me show you the real Perth its everything Essex is and more?

Old May 28th 2003, 12:22 pm
Pommie_Bastard

No one plumbs lower then ME, BAR NONE!