Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ugg Boots -prompted by Wilf/Florida

Wikiposts

Ugg Boots -prompted by Wilf/Florida

Old Jul 31st 2003, 9:09 pm
Badge

Default Ugg Boots -prompted by Wilf/Florida

some people would not be seen dead in these. But to the inhabitants of the Western Suburbs, the "Westies" - these are "de rigeur".

Or - as the press would say "Sydney's West".
Attached Thumbnails Ugg Boots -prompted by Wilf/Florida-ugg.jpg  

Old Jul 31st 2003, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ugg Boots -prompted by Wilf/Florida

Originally posted by badgersmount
some people would not be seen dead in these. But to the inhabitants of the Western Suburbs, the "Westies" - these are "de rigeur".

Is it also normal for Westies to have feet that point in opposite directions??!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hysterical - what the hell are they for?!

It looks like they have found a couple of road kill victims, skinned them and stuck one on each foot!

Thanks God I am not moving there and I thought 'Moon Boots' were bad. They are not a patch on these!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:58 pm
Badge

think some people use them when they go skiing for all that "apres-ski" rah rah.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:58 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

They come in lovely pastel shades to!!!

I must say I've seen a few people in them but thought they had come out in their slippers!???:scared:
Old Aug 1st 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to your local swimming pool as often as we do, you'll see loads of people wearing these in winter. They are really handy for kids, and if you're a mum who has struggled getting socks onto damp feet and then trainers while trying to balance everything on your lap in a pool changing room, you'll know what I mean. It is so much easier for the kids to just shove their bare feet into a pair of warm ugg boots. They come in loads of "fashionable" colours, but I still think it looks odd seeing people wearing them round the shops.

Also odd for us at first, in the summer, many kids and adults that go to the pool just turn up wearing their costumes and a pair of shorts or towel, then when they've finished swimming, go out still wet, they just wrap the towel around or put their shorts back on, thongs (flip-flops) on their feet and go out like that. Unlike us lot carrying a big bag into the changing room and getting dried and dressed "properly"!
Old Aug 1st 2003, 6:57 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Badgers old pal , you are starting to sound like PB they are not uggies , ugg boots go up to at least 1/2 your calf muscle , and are similar to eskimo boots [hench the word "UGG BOOT"} Those look like somthing the "TON UP BOYS USED TO WEAR" when riding their bikes between ,London and Brighton. ............... MM
Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Badgers, your photo shows a particularly ugly pair of uggs (no pun intended!) BUT although I swore when I moved to Australia 13 years ago that I would never been seen dead in a pair - well, you've guessed it, guilty as charged. Let me tell you, once you have slipped your tired trotters into a pair of these fleece lined beauties at the end of a hard day, you'll be an instant convert. The only rule in our house is that you cannot wear them outside the house - that would be the height of dagginess (especially if combined with a pair of trackie dacks). adelaidegirl
Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by adelaidegirl
Badgers, your photo shows a particularly ugly pair of uggs (no pun intended!) BUT although I swore when I moved to Australia 13 years ago that I would never been seen dead in a pair - well, you've guessed it, guilty as charged. Let me tell you, once you have slipped your tired trotters into a pair of these fleece lined beauties at the end of a hard day, you'll be an instant convert. The only rule in our house is that you cannot wear them outside the house - that would be the height of dagginess (especially if combined with a pair of trackie dacks). adelaidegirl
Sold!
Is there a UK importer?
Always was a fashion setter
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 10:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sully4441
Sold!
Is there a UK importer?
Always was a fashion setter
YES AND THEY HAVE A WEB SITE.......... mm
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't knock them until you've tried them. They may not be the most fashionable of items, but they are warm and they are comfy and I wouldn't be without mine. in fact my boss is so hooked on them,that he had me bring back a pair for his whole family, last time i went home to tassy.
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

My Mum sent me a pair over about 7 years ago and it was the best present she's ever bought me.

They are the long ones (just like Pammy Anderson wears) and they are great for those freezing cold nights here in the UK. Of course I do not wear them out of the house and if I happen to be wearing them when friends have come over, they always want to try them on, and all agree how comfortable and warm they are. I've also got a pair of moccasins that I bought back with me last year to replace my old ones that I've had for the last 7 years as well.

Best thing since sliced bread I reckon

Regards
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 5:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ugg boots are great, and I agree that these are ugly.
A while ago my friend in Perth offered to send me some in exchange for sending her some stuff.
A few days later, what do I happen to read in a popular dutch tv guide? Australian ugg boots are very hip in Hollywood right now! Lol! It also showed 3 famous people, one was Cameron Diaz, wearing them under their summer clothes/dresses!!!!!!!

I didn't take my friend up on the offer, but I will be getting some next year. They're great in winter (remember: no heating!!)

Last edited by Simone; Aug 3rd 2003 at 7:13 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 5:19 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget the Ugg 'Fanny Warmers' - they are pretty effective too.