Other
15.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

The U.K. election

Old May 4th 2005, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The U.K. election

I've been reading the local australian paper and visiting the BBC web site now and again but it looks like Mr Blair is going to win a third time in office which is totally poo.

Yeah the rest of the parties are crap but lets have something fresh than Mr Blair in office.

OK so I thought its time BritishExpats had a poll on who you would vote for.

So get voting and compare results on Friday.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The U.K. election

I picked other because, despite my old man voting labour and voting labour myself in 97, I didn't vote last time due to my dissatissfaction with blair and his mates and probably won't vote this time.

There is no creditable alternative you see.

BTW I'm in the UK for 2 more years so again don't see the point.

Cadman.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Unless anyone makes a late manifesto change to lift the £250K stamp duty threshold then it has to be labour. Nothing to do with policies as I won't be here to be affected by them but the status quo has to be the best news in terms of getting a good price on my house, getting a good value on my endowments/pensions etc
Old May 4th 2005, 9:21 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon until all affected by Thatcherism policies (poll tax and negative equity especially) have left the country or died, Tories won't get a look in.

Andrew
Old May 4th 2005, 10:45 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Tories: Like their immingration policy (modelled on Aus one).
Lib-Dem: Like their council tax reforms (to make it fairer). They seem to be the most frank/honest about what they need to do to fix things (ie not promising tax cuts and rubbish like that).
Labour: Economy has been good, but how much of that is down to world events rather than Brown doing a freat job? Agree with Iraq, so Blair is a strong leader. Other than that they are bleeding this country dry and lie a hell of alot.

All in all I`d have voted Lib-Dem, but as my wife got hold of the postal votes she marked them all Green

As for not bothering to vote... just think that your vote(s) affect the pathways this country takes in the future, and that it`s our kids and grand-kids that have to live with it if they live here or ever want to have a hope of coming back here.
Old May 4th 2005, 10:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like we are a bunch of reds and woolly libs.

Tory migration policy is just spin. How can the Australian system work in the UK? Excise Dover from the UK legal system? Not sure how the Tories can CAP the number of asylum applications when there is a legal duty to consider them all. The tories are just pushing emotional buttons without putting forward a practical policy. Howard was also partly responsible for the last disastrous Tory government. Put the Tories in power and watch the public service get decimated. The little leaks about cuts have only heightened my suspicions.

Labour is too much spin and too little result. They have failed to stop the decline in public services. The economy has done well and the biggest decision they have made is to make the BoE independant. Without that interest rates would be higher.

I doubt the liberals would get into power but I am going for them as both Blair and Howard need someone to keep them in check. Hopefully they may push through some electoral reforms. Too many people feel disenfrachised from the political system which only leads to more voter apathy.
Old May 4th 2005, 10:22 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suzysu
I've been reading the local australian paper and visiting the BBC web site now and again but it looks like Mr Blair is going to win a third time in office which is totally poo.

Yeah the rest of the parties are crap but lets have something fresh than Mr Blair in office.

Suzysu,
I fear that you may be correct!

Labour will probably get back in, even with Blair (wonder if there will be the night of the long knives at some point and he will be out )

Labour - more conservative that the Conservatives
Liberals - just Conservative with labour ideals / plans
Conservatives - waiting to take over at some point!

Most of them are the same!

It will being interesting to see if people vote Labour on the day, particularly in the inner cities with high "ethnic" percentage.

Remember here in Birmingham they are now investigating the man who investigated the postal fraud after they found 1000 votes on the shelf in his office It may all go to court!

Maybe we might get invaded by the Americans if the Conservatives get in Well we have oil, and you know how the USA likes it

Bye
Mark
Old May 4th 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Hmmm, interesting.

I have heard whinging from work colleagues for so long about the government, and I find out lots of them can't be arsed to vote, the say it's not worth it.

OK, cadman, so maybe you're not happy with how the Labour party have performed, and you don't want to vote for any of them, no real alternative maybe?

Well if you vote for someone, then you will at the very least lessen the majority, and even get a different local government. Ok ok, you may still have a government you don't like, but it will be a diluted one, and big policy decisions will have a wider spectrum of party political input, you may even get decisions people agree with - but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Please vote for someone.

Don't blame me for this nonsense I've just spouted blame the lager!

Mike
Old May 4th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by markeh
Suzysu,
I fear that you may be correct!

Labour will probably get back in, even with Blair (wonder if there will be the night of the long knives at some point and he will be out )

Labour - more conservative that the Conservatives
Liberals - just Conservative with labour ideals / plans
Conservatives - waiting to take over at some point!

Most of them are the same!

It will being interesting to see if people vote Labour on the day, particularly in the inner cities with high "ethnic" percentage.

Remember here in Birmingham they are now investigating the man who investigated the postal fraud after they found 1000 votes on the shelf in his office It may all go to court!

Maybe we might get invaded by the Americans if the Conservatives get in Well we have oil, and you know how the USA likes it

Bye
Mark
I don't think we have enough oil to merit " Oil War III "
Old May 5th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

does one vote really matter when the constituencies are expecting 140% turnout anyway ;-)
Old May 5th 2005, 7:24 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzysu

I picked 'other'
Plaid Cymru
Old May 5th 2005, 8:20 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ransi
I picked 'other'
Plaid Cymru
If I were Welsh I`d probably do the same.
Old May 5th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

for some reason I don't get voting buttons but my vote is yellow this time. I've voted Labour for the last two elections and I am disgusted with the amount of spin and BS encouraged by Blair.

The government have managed to achieve alot in the last two parliaments that I really approve of and the economy is stronger than it has been for a long time but I cannot forgive the fact that all of this is diminished by having a leader who acts like a dictator.
Old May 5th 2005, 8:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...where are the voting buttons??
still undecided about who to vote for....its the lesser of X evils really, isnt it?

ho hum....

sue
Old May 5th 2005, 8:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hmm...where are the voting buttons??
I think it's something to do with "This poll is closed" Lib Dems won

Labour 12 - 26.67%
Tory 11 - 24.44%
Lib Dem 15 - 33.33%
Other 7 - 15.56%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.