Typical !!!

Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Typical !!!

Coudn't have happened six months ago could it.

As some of you already know we are in the limbo land waiting for the 136 visa to go to GC. Got a call today from a company in Adelaide (doh) want to offer OH a job and sponsor us.

Help what do we do?????????

Does anyone know if your 136 app can be priortised if you have a job offer and the company are willing to sponsor. Don't really want to go down the sponsorship visa route as its not permament.

Job offer I think is great salary of 60K basic plus loads of perks. Is this a good salary for Adelaide?????

Give us your thoughts. We know you will

Tracey
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Typical !!!

Originally Posted by teejay66

As some of you already know we are in the limbo land waiting for the 136 visa to go to GC. Got a call today from a company in Adelaide (doh) want to offer OH a job and sponsor us.

Does anyone know if your 136 app can be priortised if you have a job offer and the company are willing to sponsor. Don't really want to go down the sponsorship visa route as its not permament.

Job offer I think is great salary of 60K basic plus loads of perks. Is this a good salary for Adelaide?????

Tracey

Stick with your 136. By the time you've sorted out a sponsership from this company your visa will most likely have been granted.

I would suggest that you ring or e-mail DIMA and explain the situation, there may be a short term temporary visa that you could go on in the mean time. Then when your 136 is ready for grant they will let you know and you will just have to go offshore for them to grant it.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
Hmmmm sorry to piss on your bonfire... I wouldn't want to try to live on 60K gross, especially if there are two of you.....unless you will own your new home outright? It can be done, but it depends on your priorities. (Flights/trips back home or elsewhere down the track, how often you eat out/buy new clothes, need the latest trendy shoes etc...)
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Tracey
If it's 60K UK pounds thats a great salary. If its 60K Oz Dollars (around 23K UK) thats not even a good salary.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hedgehog
If it's 60K UK pounds thats a great salary. If its 60K Oz Dollars (around 23K UK) thats not even a good salary.
What would you call a good salary?23k sounds pretty good to me!!I would get by on that,cheers Dave
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:09 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

£23K
Not a good salary for whom?!!
That is just about what our family of 5 live on at the mo!!!!

I suppose it depends on your lifestyle/expectations but if someone in oz wants to give me a job on A$60K then i will quite happily work for them!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weeman111
What would you call a good salary?23k sounds pretty good to me!!I would get by on that,cheers Dave
I wouldn't it.
Cheers Mandy
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
£23K
Not a good salary for whom?!!
That is just about what our family of 5 live on at the mo!!!!

I suppose it depends on your lifestyle/expectations but if someone in oz wants to give me a job on A$60K then i will quite happily work for them!
I'm not trying to start a discussion about your salary expectations or your worth. There is just me and my OH and neither of us would work for that. Thats just our expectations of ourself. So in my opinion only I wouldn't work for that. Hope you find your job.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:58 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Tracey
60k is a good salary for Adelaide, you can buy a good family sized house there for around 300-400k while in Sydney or melbourne it would cost around 800k. Adelaides a nice place if it turns out you would rather live in another state you could eventually move after a few years.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:00 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

I'm not trying to start a discussion about your salary expectations or your worth. There is just me and my OH and neither of us would work for that. Thats just our expectations of ourself. So in my opinion only I wouldn't work for that. Hope you find your job.
Is'nt the average wage around 40 or 50 k in OZ?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hmmmm sorry to piss on your bonfire... I wouldn't want to try to live on 60K gross, especially if there are two of you.....unless you will own your new home outright? It can be done, but it depends on your priorities. (Flights/trips back home or elsewhere down the track, how often you eat out/buy new clothes, need the latest trendy shoes etc...)
Most of the population do and appear to get by very well. As that's an average there are lots on a lot more, but there are even more on a lot less.

And forget about the bullshit about being "employed", the Government jury rigged that definition some years ago, so if you're employed for 1 hour a week, you're classed as being fully employed.

from the Sydney Morning Herald
"Average wage now $49,000: ABS
August 19, 2004 - 12:13PM

The average wage is treading water at just over $49,000 a year, new figures showed today.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics said average weekly earnings, excluding overtime and bonuses, rose 0.1 per cent in the three months to May to $949.70, a pay rise of just 70 cents.

This translates to annual earnings of $49,384, 3.1 per cent more than the same time last year.

Full-time total earnings, including overtime and bonuses, actually fell during the quarter thanks to a poor performance by the private sector.

This was despite a fall in the jobless rate to 23-year lows, putting employees in a better position to argue for higher pay.

The figures also confirm the salary gap between male and female workers.

Full-time female workers earned $150 a week less than their male colleagues, at $854 a week compared to $1,004, allowing for seasonal factors.

AAP
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:15 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought that you should have expected a discussion as soon as you mentioned that neither you or your OH would work for £23k pa

In saying that though, there are many ppl out there who do get paid unbelievable amount of money for nothing.

There are obviously in my mind if just to mention a few who will never get paid what they are worth. i.e Nurses,Firemen and others closely related

So in my opinion there are too many ppl on funny money who should have it

$60k would do me, the missus and the 2 brats just fine

just my 2p worth

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Jun 16th 2006 at 10:18 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:29 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't measure worth by salary so i wasn't taking offence at your comments!

My original post was not meant to argue your assessment but simply to suggest to the op that the salary they have been offered would (in my opinion) be sufficient to live on.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the comments wasn't quite what I expected though. I was hoping for something a little more constructive. I will leave it at that.

Cheers

Teejay
Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the comments wasn't quite what I expected though. I was hoping for something a little more constructive. I will leave it at that.

Cheers

Teejay
Morning Teejay.

Have a word with your agent and see what they say about trying for a short term temporary visa and if they think it's worth getting to get you there until your PR comes through.

If the company is already in a position to sponser you then I can see no reason why you can apply for something like a 457 to get you out there quicker in the short term.

Just make sure that DIMA know the situation at all times to avoid any confusion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.