Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Type 1 Diabetes in Australia

Old Jul 26th 2018, 7:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Type 1 Diabetes in Australia

Originally Posted by malcure
Exception: If you have a permanent or ongoing condition and the course of the disease is reasonably predictable, the MOC will determine the estimated costs over the period of your remaining life expectancy. This means that if you have a serious health condition you may meet the health requirement for a temporary visa, but not for a permanent visa.

Diabetic is a permanent condition...so my agent said that I m in this exception condition.

​This is why Im looking for any evidency that a diabetic type 1 got the 189 or 190 visa.

No diseases or health conditions automatically result in a failure to meet the health requirement on significant cost grounds. This is because the likely costs will depend on the form and severity of the condition.

Your agent presumably is not a MOC and is therefore not assessing your specific situation, taking your specific condition into account. Over the years numerous people have asked about PR with diabetes on the forum, and I don't remember a single one being refused. They were all assessed individually and a decision made on their individual case. Your agent may feel you are likely to be refused but unless he/she is assesssing that using all the medical reports then all it can be taken as is a possibke indicator of the result.
Is the agent MARA registered?
Old Jul 26th 2018, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

malcure is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, he is registered (MARA).
But you know a case of some one getting the 189 or the 190 visa being diabetic type 1 ?

Im affraid to spend money Money in the process and at the end get a refuse because of type 1.
​​​​
Old Jul 27th 2018, 4:15 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he is registered (MARA).
But you know a case of some one getting the 189 or the 190 visa being diabetic type 1 ?

Im affraid to spend money Money in the process and at the end get a refuse because of type 1.
​​​​
I know people have asked on here before and noone (to my knowledge) has reported a refusal.
However where medical issues are concerned every single case is viewed on its merits and treated accordingly. There are two agents who are recommended for medical issues, Peter Bollard and George Lombard, but even they would not be able to give you a categorical yes or no. That is down to your case officer and the medical officer who reviews your case.
Old Jul 27th 2018, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I know people have asked on here before and noone (to my knowledge) has reported a refusal.
However where medical issues are concerned every single case is viewed on its merits and treated accordingly. There are two agents who are recommended for medical issues, Peter Bollard and George Lombard, but even they would not be able to give you a categorical yes or no. That is down to your case officer and the medical officer who reviews your case.
So there isnt a way to bem sure about the result, I Will have to take the chance ?
Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So there isnt a way to bem sure about the result, I Will have to take the chance ?
I reckon that diabetes would not prevent you from emigrating to Australia

My opinion only
Old Jul 27th 2018, 11:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well , you could just not bother applying if you're not willing to take the chance.

What are your plans for if you grt a visa? Have you got a guaranteed job? Home? Life with no risks? If you want something you're going to have to try. The best odds anyone can give are 0% chance to get a visa if you don't apply.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

The point is if I don't haver a chance is worthless to try. My agent said that is Impossible for me. That is way im looking for this information in this site. But until now I couldnt find any one who get the visa 189 or 190 with diabetic Type 1.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 12:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The point is if I don't haver a chance is worthless to try. My agent said that is Impossible for me. That is way im looking for this information in this site. But until now I couldnt find any one who get the visa 189 or 190 with diabetic Type 1.
Unless your agent is also a DoHA agent who will be assessing YOUR application he/she cannot sat thst you will or will not get a visa. Only DoHA can make that determination.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 1:19 am
Home and Happy

Have you thought of a) getting a second opinion (other agents have been mentioned who are well up on medical issues) or b) searching google.

Visa application/type 1 diabetes

Rejection based on Medical examination

Calling all Type 1 diabetics