Reload this Page >

Tying up loose ends

Tying up loose ends

Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:23 am
Just Joined

charlie76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tying up loose ends

Hi all,
I don’t think I’ve posted to this forum before, so hi there!

I’ve now got my visa, it’s time to get organised! I’m planning to leave the UK at the end of July, probably fly out Friday 27th / Saturday 28th July. I’m heading for Adelaide.

I just wanted to ask others that have made the move if you think I’m leaving enough time to tie up loose ends in the UK, if I only finish work 2 weeks before I leave…? I’ll be packing (although I'm not planning on shipping much stuff), moving out of my rented house, settling final bills, seeing friends and family before I leave….

It’s all getting quite scary and exciting now

Thanks
Charlie
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying up loose ends

Have a look at yellabrickroad.com and see what is listed on there.
If you think you have enough time for all of that then you will be ok!

Personally we have planned an 8 week gap between finishing work and leaving for Oz, and that is having sold the house and tied up those bills already, also have already shipped things. That is probably a much longer gap than we really need, but we figure we'll be in Australia for a long time before we come back, so make the most of the last time here in a while.

Of course some things can be sorted out from 'the other side' - but it might be trickier, so I'd try to sort as much as possible before you go. Good luck!